The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
You can apply for this position using the following options (you must have a resume or use the NAF Optional Application http://www.apd.army.mil/pub/eforms/pdf/a3433.pdf to apply):
1. Preferred Apply electronically via USAJOBS https://usajobs.gov/. This will ensure faster processing of your application. You will also receive faster status updates. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
*You can download the USAJOBS.gov app to your smart phone!
2. Fax your resume to (478)757-3144. The following cover sheet must be included http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf for proper processing. NOTE: Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process. To complete the job related questions complete http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf.
3. Mail or email your resume (or Optional Application) to the point of contact listed on the vacancy announcement.
4. Drop off your resume in person to the servicing CPAC NAF Division.
You are highly encouraged to provide all supporting documentation as well as complete the job related questions.
Location of the position: Pointes West Army Resort in Appling, GA, in the Clarks Hill area. Must be available to work weekends and holidays and is subject to IRREGULAR tour of duty. This is a Flexible position with a varied scheduled work week of 0-39 hours per week. This position may be converted to Regular Part-Time (20-39 hpw) or Regular Full-Time (40 hpw) without further competition.
Referral list may be requested as needed
Performs one or both of the following duties alone or as a member of a work crew:
1. Perform heavy physical labor requiring the frequent lifting and carrying of items and furniture weighing 80 to 100 pounds or more, or
2. Operate heavy powered equipment performing tasks that require prior work experience and training. Such tasks include ground maintenance on grades and slopes, digging ditches and trenches, washing buildings using high pressure sprayers, operating tillers to prepare lawns for sod and bedding plants, and cutting trees using axes or chain saws. Performs general maintenance of NAF facilities requiring use of heavy powered equipment and heavy tools. Breaks up concrete, mixes and pours concrete and asphalt. Resets nails, replaces hardware, relocate playgrounds, flowerbeds and portable structures. Advises facility director of potential safety hazards and identifies repairs required.