Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At HHS you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Join HHS and help make our world healthier, safer and better for all Americans.
Join dedicated outpatient clinical staff whose joint efforts with individuals, families, and communities prevent and treat illness. The Indian Health Service in the Pacific Northwest provides healthcare to American Indians and Alaska Natives living in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho.
The Indian Health Service is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified Indian applicants and employees who are qualified and suitable for Federal employment. The Indian Health Service (IHS) by law is committed to affording employment preference to American Indian and Alaska Native candidates who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. In other than the above, the Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Who may apply
Excepted Service Examining Plan Candidates (ESEP)
Merit Promotion Plan Candidates (MPP)
Veteran's Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunity Act Candidates (VEOA)
- visit firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on Who May Apply
Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Service (IHS), Warm Springs, OR United States 1 vacancy
POSITION DETAILS: 1 Permanent position to be filled
Salary range: $24,933.00- $40,706.00 ( Annually)
Promotion potential: 05
Merit Promotion Position: Yes
Travel Required: No
Not Paid: travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the employee.
Is position covered by PL 101-630? Yes
Is drug testing required? No
Is government housing available? No
Is this a bargaining unit position? No
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or result in you losing consideration for the job.
- Perform the technical processes entailed in processing and dispensing medications to patients.
- Perform computer data entry into the Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS) pharmacy, Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Point-of-Sale packages according to established guidelines.
- Manage the regular program of supply procurement and supply management.
- Monitor the patient data input into the RPMS Point-of-Sale (POS) system with accurate of patient data and billing information.
- Perform a variety of quality assurance/quality improvement activities, including the inspection of drug storage sites, monitoring for outdated drug supplies, proper storage, and proper amounts of supplies.