Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Open to US citizens and applicants eligible under Schedule A authority.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-OM-13-883638 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply under the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
Overseas Assignments: Overseas assignments are for two years. The assignment may be extended based on the needs of the agency.
- This position is eligible for special pay allowances (e.g., post differential, housing, relocation, etc.)
- Immunizations are required and will be administered by the CDC before relocating overseas.
- To work overseas for the CDC, the selectee will need to obtain security and medial clearances before being cleared to report of the overseas duty station. Continued employment will be subject to submission of all documentation necessary to obtain the medical and security clearances (including documentation for any accompanying dependents), within thirty (30) business days and obtaining the security clearance within six (6) months of the initial appointment. Please note the inability to secure the clearances necessary for overseas duty will result in the termination of the appointment to the position.
- Citizens or permanent residents of the host country are not eligible to be considered.
- Current permanent status CDC employees will be processed using a Term appointment. The selectee will not have statutory return rights. Subsequent employment for CDC positions must be through the appropriate competitive process or special employment program hiring authorities. You must apply to the merit promotion announcement for statutory return rights to your permanent CDC position title, series and grade.
- Additional information on living and traveling abroad may be found at http://aoprals.state.gov/content.asp?content_id=184&menu_id=78
This announcement will be used to fill positions in various geographical locations.
CDC Financial Disclosure LanguageOGE form 450
Holding ourselves to a higher standard; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention inspires public confidence in its trust responsibilities and mission by maintaining high ethical principles. This position is subject to the confidential financial disclosure requirements of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). Therefore, if selected, you will be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. This Information will be required annually.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Incumbent will serve as the recognized expert in epidemiology. Manage significant projects, programs and staff and will represent CDC with the Embassy. Evaluate data collection, quality control and data utilization methods used to study epidemiological problems and issues. Oversee contracts, grants and cooperative agreements with full responsibility for carrying out all required monitoring and management duties for epidemiological work. Design, plan and initiate epidemiologic studies, surveys and investigations. Serve as a nationally or internationally recognized expert on epidemiological issues on critical problems in the field of epidemiology. Comply with all ethical guidelines for scientific and human subjects research.