Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 907294
Our Mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans". How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center is a 673-bed tertiary healthcare facility which provides care to over 100,000 veterans in northern Ohio. We provide care through our main medical facility at the Wade Park campus, 13 community based outpatient clinics, and 3 vet centers. The medical center has been recognized for more programs of excellence than any other Veterans Affairs Medical Center. These programs of excellence include: Open Heart Surgery, Care of the Seriously Mentally Ill, Geriatric Evaluation and Management, Substance Abuse Care, Spinal Cord Injury Care, Medical Care of the Homeless, Domiciliary Care of the Homeless, Functional Electrical Stimulation, Advance Platform Technology, Primary Care Education, and Patient-Centered Specialty Care Education. We are a teaching hospital providing a full range of patient care services to Veterans with state-of-the art technology as well as medical education and research. Our main campus in Cleveland, Ohio has a full service ER for both general acute care and psychiatric care and a comprehensive reference clinical laboratory. With us, you will find a challenging, yet rewarding career experience.
NOTE: A Professional Standard Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the step at which the candidate will be placed in that specific grade. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
The Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting for a Social Worker who will serve as a Case Manager in the Housing and Urban Development-VA Supported Housing (HUD-VASH) program. The position is an integral part of the HUD-VASH team utilizing the Housing First Model. The Social Worker will function in Social Work Service within the Comprehensive Homeless Center. This position will require travel driving a government vehicle throughout Richland and Stark counties and will be based in Canton, OH. The work schedule is Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm. The Social Worker duties include:
- Providing psychosocial services to veterans who reside in stable housing through Housing Choice Vouchers.
- Providing case management for a caseload of veterans in the HUD/VASH program.
- Providing psychosocial screening, assessment, counseling, and crisis intervention.
- Developing a comprehensive treatment plan in collaboration with the veteran.
- Coordinating family conferences.
- Providing education to families and the veteran.
- Reviewing agreements between HCV landlords, Public Housing Authorities and the VA in establishing referral sites for HUD/VASH placement.
- Performing site visits of HUD/VASH apartments to ensure veterans reside in safe environments in compliance with local housing codes.
- Verifying the veteran's status, eligibility for VA medical care, and eligibility of program participation.
- Collecting HUD/VASH program participant data as outlined by NEPEC evaluation procedures and HOMES registry.
- Providing individual, group, and/or family psychotherapy and psychosocial interventions to assist veterans with securing, adjusting to, and maintaining stable housing.
- Coordinating care including serving as an advocate for the veteran and linking and referring veterans to the VA and/or community agencies.
- Participating in the HUD/VASH program conference calls and attends trainings offered by HUD/VASH.
- Following local policy and SOP for the HUD/VASH program.
- Participating in program planning and development, identifying the need for and making recommendations on program procedure or policy changes.
- Documenting all contacts with patients/families in the medical charts.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.