Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by Friday, June 21, 2013.
You may start at the GS-5 if you have one of the following qualifications:
· Successfully completed four full years of education above the high school level in any field for which high school graduation or the equivalent is the normal prerequisite; OR
· At least one full-time year (12 months) of secretarial experience equivalent to the GS-4 grade level of the Federal service. This experience is in or related to the line of work of the position and demonstrates the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position. This experience involved applying office methods and procedures to provide clerical and administrative support to an office. In addition, this experience must demonstrate knowledge of grammar, punctuation, format and style to prepare correspondence, memorandums, and other documents utilizing word processing and other automated systems.
· A combination of the education and specialized experience.
You may start at the GS-6 if you have one of the following qualifications:
· At least one full-time year (12 months) of secretarial experience equivalent to the GS-5 grade level of the Federal service. This experience is in or related to the line of work of this position and demonstrates the specific knowledge, skills, and abilities to apply administrative rules and regulations to coordinate and perform all the clerical and administrative functions of an office. In addition, this experience demonstrates knowledge of grammar, punctuation, format and style to prepare correspondence, memorandums, and other documents utilizing word processing and other automated systems.
NOTE: THE SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION IS NOT QUALIFYING FOR THE GS-6 LEVEL.
College Transcript: Submit a copy of your college transcript that lists college courses detailing each course by the number and department (i.e., bio 101, math 210, etc.), course title, number of credit hours and grade earned. You must submit evidence that any education completed in a foreign institution is equivalent to U.S. education standards with your resume.
You may submit an unofficial copy of the transcript at the initial phase of the application process. Please refer to the "How to Apply, Alternative Methods for Submitting Your Application Materials" section, for instructions on submitting the transcript.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION AND FINGERPRINT CHECK: Selection and retention in this position is contingent on a successfully adjudicated FBI National Criminal History Check (fingerprint check) and a background investigation.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING:
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following areas:
· Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with public and peer groups.
· Ability to exercise initiative in organizing work and setting priorities.
· Ability to plan, coordinate and execute office activities.
· Knowledge of the functions, organizations and programs of an office.
· Ability to research, interpret and apply administrative regulations, procedures, directives and instructions.
· Administrative support tasks.
We will review your application, including an online assessment questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
Note: If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your description of experience and/or education OR that your application is incomplete may result in receipt of a lower or ineligible rating.
For Competitive Applicants/All US Citizens - If you meet the qualification requirements based on the extent and quality of experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position and your responses to the automated scoring system, your application will be placed in one of the three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.