PLEASE READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS UNDER "HOW TO APPLY" BEFORE YOU BEGIN.
RELOCATION EXPENSES WILL NOT BE PAID.
NOTE: This vacancy is also currently advertised under the following announcements:
Merit Promotion (applicants with status as current or former federal employees or applicants eligible under special hiring authority): Job Announcement #UK907019-ARS-CH at the GS-5/6.
Complete applications must be received for each job announcement applied to; additional information about who may apply can be found in each job announcement.
The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) works to ensure that Americans have reliable, adequate supplies of high-quality food and other agricultural products. ARS accomplishes its goals through scientific discoveries that help solve problems in crop and livestock production and protection, human nutrition, and the interaction of agriculture and the environment.
This position is assigned to Northern Plains Area, Meat Safety and Quality Research Unit,, Location Support, Located in Clay Center, NE. Performs a wide range of secretarial duties for the Research Leader (RL). This position requires the skills of a qualified typist to perform word processing, and other office automation duties.
Major responsibilities include:
- Maintains calendar and schedules appointments for the supervisor.
- Receives telephone calls, and greets visitors.
- Receives all incoming correspondence and reviews outgoing correspondence for procedural and grammatical accuracy.
- Prepares and transmits time and attendance records.
- Uses office automation software packages and equipment to type, i.e., edit and format letters, memoranda, reports etc.
- Types documents from rough draft into final form, ensuring accuracy with regard to format, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and distribution of copies.
- Establishes and maintains the office filing system(s).
- Reviews office budget and accounting reports for accuracy.
- Determines supplies needed for the office and arranges for office equipment repairs.
- Arranges meetings or conferences and travel for staff.