Job Title: Program Analyst, GS-343-12/13 (Open to DOT Employees Only) DBJob Announcement Number: FRA.S-2013-0036
Department: Department Of Transportation
Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Monday, June 10, 2013 to
Monday, July 01, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time - -
WHO MAY APPLY:
Current DOT employees with status
The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) is responsible for ensuring safety of the Nation's passenger and freight rail operations and infrastructure by promoting safe, efficient and accessible rail transportation. The mission and focus of FRA has grown to include the design and management of an unprecedented investment in the creation of a nationwide passenger rail network. FRA is providing leadership for the creation of a more balanced transportation system, transforming the way Americans travel.
The position is located in the Office of Railroad Safety , Office of Railroad Safety Analysis, Railroad Safety Division, Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), Washington, D.C. You will serve as an advisor in all matters concerning the Office of Railroad Safety policy and planning for program resources, including budget formulation, fiscal, human resources, procurement and other administrative areas. In coordination with the Office of Administration and Finance's (RAD) budget office, you will provide advise and guidance to the supervisory program analyst and other high ranking officials in the Office of Railroad Safety, which has a direct upon the program policies that are adopted by the office.
The ideal candidate for this position is a professional who has experience developing and formulating budgets, tracking expenditures, preparing reports, preparing responses to Congressional inquiries and providing technical guidance to lower level employees. A background in budget formulation, financial management and oversight of internal tracking systems pertaining to funding, task, programs and procedures is highly desirable.
- Must be current DOT employee with status and meet specialized experience
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
- Position is telework eligible
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
- Travel and transportation expenses will not be paid for this position.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Program Ananlyst, you will:
- Serve as a Senior Analyst responsible for managing, analyzing and directing program planning and evaluation initiatives. ·
- Develop, coordinate and review fiscal programs and budget estimates.
- Formulate the budget.
- Ensure that programs and plans are effectively integrated and compatible with the objectives of FRA management.
- Serve as a contact resource for budgetary matters and briefing materials with all levels of management.
- Is responsible for a variety of recurring reports that are nationwide in scope.
- Prepare responses to budget questions from the Office of the Secretary (OST), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and Congress.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to assess a project(s) or a program related to budget and financial administration.
- Experience equal or equivalent to assessing the financial condition and funding needs of a company or organization.
- Experience equal or equivalent to communicating technical material in a variety of ways, including formal presentations and reports and informal memoranda to a variety of audiences.
In addition to the GS-12 specialized experience you must have:
- Experience preparing performance budgets, controlling funds, managing finances, and implementing internal controls.
This experience must be well documented in your resume. Failure to do so may cause your application to be rescored or removed from consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
- Time-in-Grade - Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade requirements contained in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
The Automated Staffing Office is ultimately responsible for determining your final rating. Please ensure that your resume and application provide enough detail to support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions. Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. Your answers to the Vacancy Specific questions, your self-determined rating, resume and supporting documentation are reviewed. If your resume and supporting documents do not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to email@example.com or call us at (202)366-1298.
The following documents must
be provided by the close date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- SF-50 - Which verifies grade, full performance level of position, and eligibility for consideration as a status applicant
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS - Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (meeting minimum requirements for position and scoring at least an 85).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.