· Acts as the U.S. Army Forces Command (FORSCOM) primary Joint Training and Operations Specialist for one or more of the following Combatant Commands (COCOM): U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM), U.S. European Command (EUCOM), U.S. Pacific Command (PACOM), U.S. Southern Command (SOUTHCOM), U.S Special Operations Command (SOCOM), U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM), and U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) with responsibility for the direction, development, planning, scheduling, resourcing, and execution of numerous Army Title 10 Training Exercises and activities as well as Joint Exercise Program (JEP) events and activities.
· Coordinates planning, development, and commitment of FORSCOM forces and resources to the CJCS Five year Exercise Training Plan.
· Assumes the lead for planning and coordinating with FORSCOM Staff, other services, HQDA, NGB, USARC, other Army Commands (ACOM), for commitment of FORSCOM and Army (Active, Reserve and National Guard) units, personnel, and funds for scheduled JEP, Title 10 Exercises, other service exercises, NATO exercises, Reserve Forces Overseas Deployment Training (ODT) and Mission Support, and In the Spirit of Partnership for Peace (PFP) Exercises. Produces all appropriate orders, tasking documents and tracks status of all JEP events from inception to execution.
· Conducts analysis of mission and program goals and Exercise Training objectives of importance to FORSCOM, DA, other COCOMs, NGB, USARC, and recommends and promulgates the FORSCOM position as it pertains to the initial JEP event design concept (i.e., type of exercise, location and dates of exercise, purpose objectives, troop list, and programmed funding level) to determine FORSCOM support for each exercise.
· Authors and staffs task order to task appropriate FORSCOM commander (or request a lateral commander) support for an exercise.
· Organizes, trains, manages, and facilitates FORSCOM ad hoc Exercise planning and working group comprised of technical experts from other staff directorates, Army Commands, Army Service Component Commands and FORSCOM Commander representatives to resolve issues and problems arising out of the development, planning and successful execution of assigned exercises.
· Represents FORSCOM at all planning conferences, workshops, briefings, and in process reviews, with the Joint Staff, HQDA and other services, the joint commands, allied combined headquarters, and
· Maintains a working knowledge of organizational structures, contingency plans, troop lists, and JEP schedule of the sponsoring headquarters.
· Keeps current on types of JEPs and on war-gaming simulation systems developed to support Training Exercises in assigned Area of Responsibility (AOR). Coordinates and ensures the submission and extraction of documents and data into/from the Global and Joint Operations, Plans, and Execution System (JOPES).
· Performs data extraction and submission into the Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS), the Army Training Information Management System (ARTIMS), and the ARFORGEN Synchronization Tool.
· Uses Microsoft Office programs such as MS Word, Power Point and Excel.
· Facilitates and coordinates the development of the exercise's Time Phase Force Deployment Data (TPFDD) and Master Scenario Events List (MSEL) for applicable exercise.