Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to reduce the Nation's vulnerability to terrorism by developing and coordinating plans to protect critical infrastructure and key assets and to deny the use of our infrastructure as a weapon? Then consider joining the Field Operations Branch of Protective Security Coordination Division (PSCD), Office of Infrastructure Protection (IP), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
- Serve as liaison for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to other Federal Agencies, state and local government, and the private sector on security matters relative to the protection of the Nation's Critical Infrastructure (CI).
- Serve as the Federal point of contact for local infrastructure owners and operators requiring assistance in protection planning.
- Coordinate physical security protective measures and procedures and assures that appropriate data is captured in a centralized database.
- Coordinate and schedule security assistance visits for review and analysis of physical and technical security of facilities to determine levels of efficiency.
- Prepare written reports of findings and recommendations for improving security plans and procedures.