In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (INSTRUCTOR-AIRBORNE) position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education, or training involving the knowledge of the needs of communications users. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 36 months experience that demonstrates a combination of specialized communications knowledge at management level. Experience reviewing training programs to ensure local requirements are met and enhance the awareness of state-of-the art and future technology. Experience involving applicable agency spectrum management (i.e., Communication Security (COMSEC) and Defense Message System (DMS)) regulations, policies, and procedures in order to coordinate, plan, and satisfy user requirements and to interpret and develop state policies and procedures. Experience involving technical or analytical work pertaining to multiple areas of telecommunications systems, facilities, services, and procedures.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
A maximum of 12 months of required experience may be substituted by successful completion of undergraduate study in an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester hours for 12 months of experience. The education must have been in fields directly related to the type of the position.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Knowledge and skill in oral and written communication techniques and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
2. Knowledge of the methods of instruction and training concepts and practices and the skill and ability to apply this knowledge to provide airborne and ground training that maintains the highest level of combat mission-ready proficient crew members.
3. Thorough knowledge and skill to operate and maintain flight plan and navigational data onboard SCNS computers i.e.:Inertial Navigation System (INS) and Global Positioning System (GPS). Operates Blue Force Tracking (BFT), Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) tracking equipment and Data links.
4. Thorough and in-depth knowledge of Self Contained Navigation System (SCNS), Global Positioning System (GPS), Identification Friend or Foe (IFF), Radios and transmitting equipment in VeryLow Frequency (VLF), High Frequency (HF), Very High Frequency (VHF), Ultra HighFrequency (UHF), Super High Frequency (SHF), Satellite Communication (SATCOM), full spectrum of modulations, Optical and Infrared (IR), Collision AvoidanceSystem (TCAS/E-TCAS), secure voice and data equipment.
5. In-depth knowledge of communications systems and skills to operate and maintain equipment.
6. In-knowledge of radar systems and skill to operate and maintain equipment.
7. Knowledge of and skill in emergency action procedures and equipment.
8. Knowledge of maintenance publications as pertains to mission crew positions.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.