In order to meet the minimum qualifications for this FINANCIAL MANAGER position, you must meet the following criteria.
Experience, education, or training which demonstrates the ability to recognize causes of and analyze problems and recommend practical solutions; to deal satisfactorily with others and to negotiate with operating personnel. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Must have at least 36 months experience, education, or training in administrative, professional or technical work that provided the opportunity to acquire knowledge of management principles, practices, methods and techniques. Experience must have been inone functional area of financial management which included making objective andlogical determination of facts. Experience developing, coordinating and maintaining an integrated systemof financial services. Experience in managing the function of the work to be performed. Experience which includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Graduate education is accepted at the rate of one full academic year, i.e., 30 semester hours (or equivalent), for one year of specialized experience. The course work should be directly related to the job being filled, i.e., public administration, business administration, accounting, economics or other related management fields.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of the KSA's listed below. Applicants are encouraged to address the KSA's in their application or resume or by submitting a supplemental statement with their application. Written response to each KSA will ensure that specialized experience criteria is recognized and credited.
1. Ability to apply high level of sound, independent judgement in the solution of financial problems and in the administration of a financial management program.
2. Knowledge of and ability to utilize principles, methods, techniques, and systems of financial management.
3. Ability to develop, apply, and adjust financial plans and policies to attain mission objectives.
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS: Selected candidates will be required to be in a compatible military grade and assignment prior to the effective date of placement.
Compatible Military Assignments:
YOU MUST ALREADY BE A MEMBER OF THE NEW YORK AIR NATIONAL GUARD TO BE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
PLEASE NOTE: In order for your application to be considered, you need to submit the following document:
(Resume must have a from and to date for each position worked in. The date must be month and year. Ex: 02/2012
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating and eligibility.
All qualified applicants will be forwarded to the selecting official, unless there are more than seven qualified applicants. In this case, the evaluation procedures in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5 will be used to further screen candidates prior to referral. A panel of three members will be appointed to rate the candidates using the KSA factors. Experience will be evaluated in terms of type and quality in relation to the requirements of the position. Length of service or experience will only be used when there is a clear relationship with quality of performance or when necessary to break ties when all other ratings are equal.
Following the determination of basic eligibility of the candidates as outlined in DMNA PAM 690-4, Chapter 5, qualified applicants will be referred to the selection official in the following sequence:
1. Category I: All excepted service technicians in the New York Army National Guard for Army technician vacancies and all excepted service technicians in the New York Air National Guard for Air technician vacancies, working at the location specified in the job announcement where the vacancy exists.
2. Category II: All currently employed excepted service technicians in either the New York Army or New York Air National Guard.
3. Category III: Qualified members of the New York National Guard (Army or Air), to include AGR personnel and temporary and Indefinite technicians, or other individuals who are willing to become members of the New York Army or Air National Guard.
* If there are fewer than three qualified applicants in Category I, then qualified applicants from Category II, III will be forwarded to the selection official, in sequential order, to provide at least three qualified applicants.