Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 13-1810-SE-VK-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is an Information Assurance position, as such falls under the COMDTINST 5200.3/DoD 8570-01-M (IAT-2-3/IAM-2) requirements. This position requires the applicant possess Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or must be obtained within twelve months of date of hire.
This position is located in DHS/U.S. Coast Guard, Command, Control, Communication, Engineering Center (C3CEN), Portsmouth, VA.
This position is located in DHS/U.S. Coast Guard, Command, Control, Communication, Engineering Center (C3CEN), Portsmouth, VA. The incumbent will serve as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) in the Engineering Services Division.
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
- Serving as the Command's ISSO for a significant organizational segment of the agency, in this case C3CEN.
- Serving as an authoritative source of information and expertise for C3CEN on all aspects of information assurance policy.
- Reviewing proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks.
- Serving as the Command's primary point of contact for all issues related to Certification and Accreditation (C&A) of Information Systems (IS) ensuring compliance with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
- Ensuring all systems (both internal and external) are certified and accredited by the Designated Approving Official (DAA) or Authorizing Official (AO).
- Conducting required annual self assessments and reaccrediatation of systems to maintain compliance.
- Serving as the primary Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNET) Administrator.
- Conducting and evaluating RETINA/NESSUS/GOLD DISK scan's to mitigate or reduce vulnerabilities to an acceptable level of risk.