Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce.
Who May Apply
- All U.S. Citizens
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
This position is ideal for a candidate who has experience interpreting statistical information, computer networks, database relationships, and software in order to initiate and compile reports. This position starts at a salary of $60,681 (GS-11 step 1). The full performance level of this position is at the GS-11 grade level. Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the National Processing Service Center Operations Division of the Recovery Directorate!
This position is being announced under FEMA's CORE Program (Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery employees). These positions are authorized under P.L. 93-288 to perform temporary disaster work and are funded from the Disaster Relief Fund. Appointments are excepted service, temporary appointments. This is a 2 year temporary appointment in the Excepted Service.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: For all nonbargaining unit positions, the following applies: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.
In this position, you will serve as a Reports Analyst responsible for extracting data and performing review and analysis of data programs within the National Processing Service Center and preparing materials for use by management officials in program review and evaluation presentations.
- Designs and/or applies standard and customized computer techniques to data collection and analysis.
- Uses various programming languages or software packages to extract data from source systems in order to analyze the information and compile reports.
- Monitors and improves methods of delivery of data to customers and automation of reports by utilizing technical knowledge. Assures consistent methodology is applied.
- Participates in the selection of criteria for program analysis/evaluation. Develops supplemental and procedural guidance to ensure compatibility with reporting requirements.
- Evaluates findings, using knowledge of work flow and operating practices and recommends the establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information.