Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to advocate the development and integration of a cohesive, forward-looking Acquisition Integrated Logistics Support program to meet current and future logistics requirements for the Component Acquisition Executive oversight team? Then consider joining the Office of the Under Secretary, National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
Who May Be Considered: Applications will be accepted from all U.S. Citizens.
This announcement is issued under the direct-hire authority to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
- Identify, propose and implement solutions to Integrated Logistics Support planning issues that have an effect on Acquisition Program direction.
- Conduct analyses and coordinate activities involving logistics program matters affecting procurement initiatives.
- Develop specific requirements, long-term goals and objectives and schedules for the completion of analysis and studies.
- Develop new techniques to measure Integrated Logistic Support program accomplishments, results and effectiveness.
- Direct, manage and oversee the development and execution of the Integrated Logistics Support program, and initiate projects to support overall Integrated Logistics Support program accomplishment.
- Assist Acquisition Programs on the development and execution of the Integrated Logistics Support Requirements, and initiate projects to support overall Integrated Logistics Support Requirements program accomplishment.
- Ensure Integrated Logistics Support strategies meet program goals for operational maintainability, suitability, effectiveness and readiness.