This position serves the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Marketing Service, Dairy Programs, Economics Division, Market Information Branch, which provides timely, accurate, and comprehensive market information on milk and dairy products to enhance market transparency in the dairy industry. Duties are related primarily to publication of Dairy Market News. The incumbent coordinates and carries out specific assignments to gather, evaluate, and disseminate dairy information for selected milk and dairy products as well as special projects related to dairy marketing information.
You can make a difference! The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Marketing and Regulatory Programs (MRP) needs bright, energetic and committed professionals to facilitate the domestic and international marketing of U.S. agricultural products and to protect the health and care of animals and plants in the United States. MRP offers an array of occupations and is committed to diversity in the workplace. We operate in domestic and global markets. Be part of an organization that protects the health and agriculture of the American people. Join our team!
The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity. The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Collects, analyzes, summarizes, verifies, disseminates, and protects sensitive market information of national significance covering large geographic areas.
- Participates in daily operations by applying accepted policies and procedures involving Dairy Market News’ best practices to dairy market reporting.
- Contacts dairy industry representatives (on a weekly and bi-weekly basis) to discover and report current market information on milk and dairy products, including demand, supply, prices and inventory levels.
- Understands and participates as a back-up, in the event of an emergency, in daily operations by applying accepted policies and procedures involving statistical methods to the Dairy Product Mandatory Reporting Program (DPMRP) and Federal Milk Order Statistics (FMOS).
- Reviews and carries out both long-term and short-term goals for critical program areas.
- Reviews and suggests potential changes to policies and procedures to improve efficiency and transparency of the program.
- Develops and maintains educational and instructional knowledge and materials on dairy marketing information, methods, and practices.