To qualify, you must meet all qualification and time-in-grade requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants can qualify by meeting the EDUCATION requirements specified below and/or the SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE requirements.
GS-7: One full year of graduate level education in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Business, or Dairy Science; or
Superior Academic Achievement: To qualify based on superior academic achievement, you must have completed the requirements for a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution AND must meet certain GPA requirements. For more details click: Superior Academic Achievement
GS-9: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Business, or Dairy Science.
TRANSCRIPTS are required if:
- You are qualifying for the position based on education.
- You are qualifying for this position based on a combination of experience and education.
- You are qualifying for this position based on Superior Academic Achievement.
This education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university. For more information on submitting transcripts, click: Transcripts.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-7/9 GRADE LEVELS
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the next lower level in the Federal Service. This experience may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors. Examples of qualifying experience include, but are not limited to:
- Formulating and administering a program related to national market reporting services for dairy products, development, and dissemination of specialized marketing information and statistics for the Federal milk order programs.
- Performing duties related to Economics Division assignments, including Dairy Products Mandatory Reporting Program and Federal Milk Order Statistics.
- Providing statistical and economic services for Dairy Programs and essential information basic to the effective planning and administering of other USDA and government programs.
- Communicating market news information to industry representatives to discover and report current market information on milk and dairy products.
COMBINATION OF EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE AT THE GS-7/9 GRADE LEVELS
Applicants may have combinations of successfully completed education and specialized experience to meet total qualification requirements. The total percentages must equal at least 100 percent to qualify for that grade level. To learn more about combining education and experience for this series, click the following: Combining Education and Experience for Administrative and Management Positions
- As a condition of employment, a background investigation may be required for this position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To preview questions please click here.
- Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. Your resume must support that you meet the specialized experience requirements described above and are proficient in the following skills or competencies below. Please note you are not required to provide specific narrative responses to the skills and competencies described in this section.
- General knowledge of agricultural commodity markets and marketing practices
- Ability to collect, analyze, and evaluate data in order to provide factual, unbiased, timely information on supply, demand, price, movement, and trade conditions pertaining to agricultural commodities
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing work locations and environments
- Oral & Written communication ability
- Knowledge of the methods, principles, techniques, and requirements pertaining to the reporting of market news covering dairy products
- Your final rating will be based on your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure your resume provides enough detail to support your responses.
- If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.