You may have heard GSA called 'the government's landlord', but GSA is about more than just buildings...We're a vehicle management and acquisition service...a real estate manager...an IT solutions provider...a global supply chain manager...and more! GSA provides innovative solutions for Federal agencies that include products, services, workspace, and expertise to build a more high-performing, efficient, sustainable, and transparent government for the American people. And, since our jobs are as diverse as the services we provide, GSA is a great place to start, build, and expand your career.
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'.
As a Business Development Specialist, you will serve as an acquisition project manager, technical consultant and advisor for a variety of projects procuring goods and services. You will also develop partnerships and networks with the Federal community and industry in order to establish new business opportunities.
This position is located in the Federal Acquisition Service, Assisted Acquisitions Services Division. The Assisted Acquisition Services (AAS) program offers value-added, customized, acquisition, project management, and financial management services for large and/or complex Information Technology and Professional Services solutions.
GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
The selected candidate will work with higher-graded specialists to learn the role and responsibilities of a Business Development Specialist. Examples of duties may include:
- Developing partnerships and networks with the Federal community and industry to establish new business opportunities.
- Serving as an acquisition project manager, technical consultant and advisor for a variety of projects procuring goods and services.
- Responsibility for receipt and analysis of customer agency requests for AAS and development and evaluation of extensive, complex technical proposals to procure and meet the needs of Federal agencies.
- Analyzing customer needs to integrate state of the art technology requirements with the optimal product or service offering available through GSA.
- Coordinating work efforts between customers and contracting offices relying on a variety of tools such as interagency agreements, diverse professional service contracts and other technical and business data.