Job Title: Management and Program Analyst - GS - 0343 - 14 (Open to All U.S. Citizens) - SBJob Announcement Number: PHMSA.PSHQ-2013-0027
Department: Department Of Transportation
Agency: Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Thursday, June 06, 2013 to
Monday, June 17, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time - -
1 vacancy in the following location:
Washington, DC, USView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. citizen.
A separate job announcement is being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: PHMSA.PSHQ-2013-0026.
The U.S. Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration's (PHMSA) mission is to protect people and the environment from the risk inherent in transportation of hazardous materials - by pipeline and other modes of transportation.
This position is located in the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), Office of Pipeline Safety (OPS), Immediate Office of the Associate Administrator, under the supervision of the Chief, Administrative Resources and Management Team. You will serve as a senior Management and Program Analyst and acts in the absence of the Team Chief. You will also provide support to Division Directors in areas of budget formulation, human resources management and organization management.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience planning, coordinating, advising, managing, executing and coordinating assigned programs/projects and demonstrated experience in budget formulation, management, and reporting. In addition, the ideal candidate is highly motivated, organized and able to effectively communicate with peers, management and stakeholders. The ideal candidate also has the ability to work on a dynamic, high performance team, in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and strict deadlines are critical.
- You must be a U.S. citizen & meet specialized experience
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM ET on the closing date.
- Provide all required documents by closing date.
- Position is telework eligible.
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days.
- Vacancy is also being announced to status: PHMSA.PSHQ-2013-0026
DUTIES:Back to top
The Management and Program Analyst:
- Masters the full range of management techniques, organizational theories and operations research practices to perform the overall administrative and analytical work of the positions. Has skill in applying this mastery to analysis and critical thinking techniques.
- Evaluates strategies used to achieve goals, identifies potential areas for improvement and leads needed changes in strategy. Monitors OPS projects to ensure consistency with PHMSA and OPS goals, policies, and strategies.
- Evaluates and advises on the organization, methods, and procedures for providing support systems such as records, communications, directives, forms, files, and documentation.
- Recommends policy options to the Chief, Administrative Resources and Management Team to guide the OPS Budget execution process and to assure consistency with PHMSA polices and strategies. Reviews the development of the overall financial management framework including oversight of OPS spends planning.
- Develops and maintains in-depth working relationships with officials of other PHMSA programs, other agencies, and special interest groups.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience in management techniques, organizational theories and operational research to perform the overall administrative and analytical work dealing with the areas of budget formulation, human resources management and organization management.
- Experience evaluating strategies used to achieve goals, identifies potential areas for improvement, and recommends changes in strategy.
- Experience in formulation, presentation, justification, and execution of requested and enacted budgets.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: This position requires the ability to obtain and retain secret security clearance.
- ETHICS/CONFLICT OF INTEREST STATEMENT: All employees are subject to the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch, set out in Title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations, section 2635, including restrictions on owning financial interest which may conflict with performance of their duties. Some employees, like those involved in contracting or regulating non-Federal entities are subject to Executive Branch Financial Disclosure requirements set out in Title 5 of the Code of Federal Regulations, section 2634.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: This position requires the ability to obtain and retain a Federal Government travel card.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience, or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration. To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to email@example.com or call us at (202)366-1298.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
The following documents must be provided by the close date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- VETERANS - In order to be considered as a preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD214 need not be official but must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming preference eligibility as a disabled veteran, you must submit proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally a valid letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability.
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS - Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP/ICTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.