The U.S. Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Material Safety Administration's (PHMSA) mission is to protect people and the environment from the risk inherent in transportation of hazardous materials - by pipeline and other modes of transportation.
This position is located in the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA), Office of Pipeline Safety (OPS), Immediate Office of the Associate Administrator, under the supervision of the Chief, Administrative Resources and Management Team. You will serve as a senior Management and Program Analyst and acts in the absence of the Team Chief. You will also provide support to Division Directors in areas of budget formulation, human resources management and organization management.
The ideal candidate for this position has experience planning, coordinating, advising, managing, executing and coordinating assigned programs/projects and demonstrated experience in budget formulation, management, and reporting. In addition, the ideal candidate is highly motivated, organized and able to effectively communicate with peers, management and stakeholders. The ideal candidate also has the ability to work on a dynamic, high performance team, in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and strict deadlines are critical.
The Management and Program Analyst:
- Masters the full range of management techniques, organizational theories and operations research practices to perform the overall administrative and analytical work of the positions. Has skill in applying this mastery to analysis and critical thinking techniques.
- Evaluates strategies used to achieve goals, identifies potential areas for improvement and leads needed changes in strategy. Monitors OPS projects to ensure consistency with PHMSA and OPS goals, policies, and strategies.
- Evaluates and advises on the organization, methods, and procedures for providing support systems such as records, communications, directives, forms, files, and documentation.
- Recommends policy options to the Chief, Administrative Resources and Management Team to guide the OPS Budget execution process and to assure consistency with PHMSA polices and strategies. Reviews the development of the overall financial management framework including oversight of OPS spends planning.
- Develops and maintains in-depth working relationships with officials of other PHMSA programs, other agencies, and special interest groups.