Job Title:Highway Safety Specialist, GS-2125-13 (Open to US Citizens) JAC
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Job Announcement Number:NHTSA.NTI-2013-0013
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, June 06, 2013 to
Monday, June 17, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - -
|1 vacancy -
Cambridge, MA, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Applications will be accepted from any U.S. citizen. A separate job announcement is being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: NHTSA.NTI-2013-0014.|
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is dedicated to achieving the highest standards of excellence in motor vehicle and highway safety. The agency strives to exceed the expectations of its customers through its core values of Integrity, Service and Leadership. Save lives, prevent injuries and reduce economic costs due to road traffic crashes, through education, research, safety standards and enforcement activity. Work for NHTSA.
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Regional Administrator, you will serve as a Highway Safety Specialist, commonly known as a Regional Program Manager. You will be responsible for providing leadership and direction on the preparation of highway safety plans and highway safety grant applications at the state and local levels based on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) applicable federal regulations, grant notices and guidelines.
NHTSA is looking for an experienced employee who has excellent communication skills. Experience in management of federal grants, conducting state program management reviews, data analysis and problem identification, project and management planning, program administration and evaluation and problem identification is a plus also.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and meet specialized experience
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM ET on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
- Relocation expenses ARE NOT authorized.
- Announcement also advertised to status applicants: NHTSA.NTI-2013-0014
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Highway Safety Specialist, your duties will include:
- Providing technical and administrative leadership to state and local communities in developing comprehensive highway safety programs, including data analysis and problem identification, planning and program implementation, and program evaluation.
- Providing consultation on the development, implementation/execution and evaluation of the statewide Highway Safety Plan for state or program area assignments.
- Analyzing subject-matter data, and consulting with various departments, contractors, or outside organizations to determine appropriate countermeasures and resources for requesting state and local communities.
- Providing guidance to state and community officials within your assigned program on grant requirements, national initiatives, etc. For those programs, you will serve as the communication vessel between staff; states and headquarters.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
||To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
- Experience managing federal grants, conducting state program management reviews, data analysis, problem identification, project and management planning, program administration and evaluation.
- Experience developing comprehensive highway safety programs, including data analysis and problem identification, planning and program implementation, and program evaluation.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Selective Service: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- Probationary Period: You must complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card - You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience, or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to email@example.com or call us at (202)366-1298.
The following documents must
be provided by the close date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- VETERANS - In order to be considered as a preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD214 need not be official but must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming preference eligibility as a disabled veteran, you must submit proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally a valid letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability.
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS - Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP/ICTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. The most highly qualified candidates in the top group will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.