All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:
·Other (Sponsors Permanent Change of Station Orders, Marriage Certificate)
·Other Veterans Document
Your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which support your veteran's preference or military spouse preference, if applicable. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent." It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. Documents to support your military spouse preference (if applicable):
To verify your military spouse preference claim, you MUST submit supporting documents with your application package. These documents include a copy of your active duty sponsor's Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders and a copy of your marriage certificate.
3. Documents to support your veteran's preference (if applicable):
The documentation you submit MUST show the characterization of your discharge (Honorable, General, etc.). If your documentation does not show your discharge characterization, your veteran's status will not be used to determine your eligibility for this job. If you are not eligible under any other category, you will not receive further consideration. Required veterans documentation:
- All Veterans: You are required to submit DD Form 214, Military Discharge (Member Copy 4).
- Disabled Veterans: You are required to submit DD Form 214, Military Discharge (Member Copy 4), a completed SF-15, Claim for 10-Point Veteran Preference, AND a letter from the Department of Veteran's Affairs certifying an OVERALL SERVICE- CONNECTED DISABILITY of 30% or more. The OVERALL rating must be identified on your certification letter.
- Future Military Retirees*: You are required to submit a copy of your retirement DD Form 214 OR a copy of your retirement letter AND a copy of your terminal leave letter OR certification document**.
- Future Military Separatees*: You are required to submit a copy of your most recent DD Form 214 OR certification document** OR a copy of your most recent active duty orders AND a copy of your terminal leave request (if applicable).
* Active duty military members who are selected may not be appointed unless on terminal leave before the effective date of employment.
** The certification is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
More information about Veteran's Preference is available at http://www.fedshirevets.gov/hire/hrp/vetguide/index.aspx.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
- To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is 904147.
- Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
- On a separate document, please identify which position(s) on your resume (include title, organization, and employment dates) support any response of E ("I am considered an expert in performing this task....").
If you cannot complete the Application Package online, you may fax all of your materials. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, June 24, 2013 to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire TAG:Link to Full Questionnaire.
- Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
- Fax all six pages of the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- NOTE: The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire in Section 25 of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which continuously numbers from number one, while the Questionnaire starts each section of questions with number one. When entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents like military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than yourself. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person's personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected, to confirm your eligibility.