Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), HIV/AIDS Bureau, Division of Policy and Data in Rockville, MD.
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for improving access to health care services for people who are uninsured, isolated or medically vulnerable. Comprising six bureaus and 9 offices, HRSA provides leadership and financial support to health care providers in every state and U.S. territory. HRSA grantees provide health care to uninsured people, people living with HIV/AIDS, and pregnant women, mothers and children. They train health professionals and improve systems of care in rural communities.
Comprising six bureaus and 9 offices, HRSA provides leadership and financial support to health care providers in every state and U.S. territory. HRSA grantees provide health care to uninsured people, people living with HIV/AIDS, and pregnant women, mothers and children. They train health professionals and improve systems of care in rural communities.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-HRSA-MP-13-900220 under merit promotion procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under merit promotion procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
This position is responsible for ensuring that operational activities align with and enable accomplishment of Health Resources and Services Administration's mission, goals and objectives.
Who May Apply: Open to all United States Citizens.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps (not as a career/career-conditional employee) are encouraged to apply online to the merit promotion announcement indicated above.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions.
Salary range listed includes locality pay.
If selected as the Supervisory Policy Advisor in the HIV/AIDS Bureau within the Division of Policy and Dataf you will:
Advise management on policies, practices, and programs as they relate to management of a large organization involved with Ryan White HIV/AIDS Programs.
- Provide leadership, direction and support for the Division and its staff. Establish goals, milestones, and expectations for organizations of significant resources (e.g. multi-million dollar annual resources). Develop and implement performance evaluation plans for subordinate supervisors to ensure performance goals are met.
- Develop policies and procedures to meet the goals of the organization. Evaluate policies and regulations impacting the programs effectiveness at meeting its goals.
- Create and implement data systems used to assess and improve program performance. Identify key data in studies for use in evaluating the progress and effectiveness of the studies.
- Analyze AIDS-related policy and legislative developments for the potential impact on AIDS programs.
- Develop recommendations for public health legislation needed to reach program goals.
- Direct activities related to the Affordable Care Act to further the goals of the Act.