The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
The incumbent serves as an Information Technology Specialist in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Division of Operations, Operations Branch, with the primary responsibility for providing 24*7 support of Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BFS) Mainframe, the integrated Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Network (LAN), and the Internet Intranet hardware, software and communications systems. The incumbent is assigned in the Command Center as a Network technician providing high-level network and mainframe support.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Who May Apply:
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement, or eligible for the Veterans Recruitment Appointment); OR
4. Individuals who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
As an IT Specialist (CUSTSPT), you will:
- Provide trouble-shooting support to BFS users of all organizations regarding the BFS LAN-WAN and large scale CMOS mainframe using automated monitoring systems.
- Monitor activities, performance and availability on resources including distributed systems, mainframe, gateways, routers, and communication services in support of the BFS WAN from an internal and external perspective using automated systems.
- Work with administrators and engineers to gather incident and problem information, to report incident fix and problem resolution, and to inform the administrators and engineers on the status of changes that will be or have been made.
- Maintain a working knowledge of LAN/WAN, distributed system and mainframe technologies. This includes all IT hardware and software utilized in the LAN/WAN infrastructure. This software and hardware consists of but is not limited to distributed system and mainframe operating systems, COTS and BFS created applications, user provisioning technologies, monitoring technologies, patch and vulnerability management software, directory services, gateways and routers, high capacity storage technologies and enterprise backup technologies.
- Communicate frequently with developers, systems administrators, database administrators and telecommunications staff, which provides support for the infrastructure and application code that make up our enterprise.