Substantial college coursework or professional certificates from trade school(s) or demonstrated competence in computer science, information technology or related field. Successful completion of a 4-year college or university with coursework in computer science, information technology or a closely related field highly desirable. In addition, candidate must possess:
1. Knowledge of child and youth programs, education/recreation programs for youth, or a combination of knowledge in all fields related to child/youth development or related field.
2. Knowledge/demonstrated skill in working with Microsoft Windows and Windows applications; Intranet/Internet database applications; email administration, web page design/development, and server administration; setting up network printers and other peripherals.
3. Ability to trouble shoot hardware, printers, LAN equipment, scanner, server, and software and swap/replace/upgrade equipment.
4. Ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and propose solutions.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
5. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
6. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
7. Immunizations may be required as a condition of employment for the health and safety of those in the facility as determined by medical authority. Already immune individuals (based on documented receipt of vaccine series or physician diagnosed illness), or those subject to religious exemption, or medical contraindication are exempt from this requirement.
8. May require shift work, and/or work on rotating shifts to provide coverage on evening, weekends, holidays, and in other situations.
9. Documentation of good mental and physical health and freedom from communicable disease.
10. Satisfactory completion (no convictions of child abuse, molestation, neglect, or battering; or drug related offense) of Local and National Background Checks.
11. Successful completion of prescribed training transition &/or annual is a condition of employment.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Incumbent's work is evaluated in terms of compliance with baseline standards as measured against established metrics, as well as program accomplishments and effectiveness.
- Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.