Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 902276
Our Mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans". How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
The Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center is a 673-bed tertiary healthcare facility which provides care to over 100,000 veterans in northern Ohio. We provide care through our main medical facility at the Wade Park campus, 13 community based outpatient clinics, and 3 vet centers. The medical center has been recognized for more programs of excellence than any other Veterans Affairs Medical Center. These programs of excellence include: Open Heart Surgery, Care of the Seriously Mentally Ill, Geriatric Evaluation and Management, Substance Abuse Care, Spinal Cord Injury Care, Medical Care of the Homeless, Domiciliary Care of the Homeless, Functional Electrical Stimulation, Advance Platform Technology, Primary Care Education, and Patient-Centered Specialty Care Education. We are a teaching hospital providing a full range of patient care services to Veterans with state-of-the art technology as well as medical education and research. Our main campus in Cleveland, Ohio has a full service ER for both general acute care and psychiatric care and a comprehensive reference clinical laboratory. With us, you will find a challenging, yet rewarding career experience.
NOTE: A Professional Standard Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidates education and experience and recommend the step at which the candidate will be placed in that specific grade. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.
The Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting for a Psychologist to work in Home Based Primary Care. The Psychologist will make home visits to veterans with complex medical and psychosocial conditions. The Psychologist (Home Based Primary Care) will work out of the Mansfield Outpatient Clinic in Community Outpatient Service. The tour of duty will be from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. The Psychologist (Home Based Primary Care) duties include:
- Making home visits to veterans with complex medical and psychosocial conditions.
- Providing full range of behavioral health diagnostic services using appropriate assessment instruments and structured interviews
- Generating psychological reports based on assessments
- Providing full range of patient care interventions, including individual therapy and specialized interventions such as behavior management
- Developing and implementing detailed treatment plans for full range of psychological services based on data gathered in assessment
- Independently exercises authoritative judgment in the adjustment of treatment plans
- Continuously monitoring patients progress and determining when reassessment is appropriate
- Working with other professionals or as a key team member as part of a medical care team providing comprehensive psychological or behavioral health care
- Screening, assessing, diagnosing, and treating of Axis I and Axis II conditions, with an emphasis on the application of time-limited, evidence-based interventions
- Assessing and intervening for subclinical symptoms, such as dysphoria, anxiety, adjustment difficulties and excessive use or misuse of alcohol or other drugs
- Screening for cognitive deficits to address specific functional questions or determine if referral is needed for neuropsychological or dementia assessment
- Performing competency assessments when questions arise about a patients ability to make medical decisions, perform specific functions, or live independently
- Assuming responsibility for professional development by attending relevant training and regularly reviewing the professional literature to improve clinical competencies
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not authorized for this position.