Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan, - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
You Can Make a Difference!
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Office of Acquisition and Logistics, Acquisition Program Support, Acquisition Systems Integration in Washington D.C.
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities, i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities, and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
· Develops and manages the Departments Critical Acquisition Position list to support the development of highly qualified and certified acquisition professionals for assignment to critical programs and contract support positions.
· Develops policies and procedures to integrate the Departments overarching acquisition framework and related business management systems.
· Establishes program management doctrine and develops program management policies and procedures to standardized proper activities throughout the Department
· Develops and manages an acquisition corps training and certification program for the Department to develop a professional acquisition workforce.
· Supports the Departments Chief Acquisition Officer and senior leadership in fulfilling the acquisition program management oversight function of the Department.
View Assessment Questions