The Director, Office of Management (OM) reports to the Office of the Chief of Staff and is responsible for the executive oversight and management of the Veterans Benefits Administrations (VBA) service and management support activities. The Director, OM works closely with key VBA officials and program service directors to ensure plans, policies, regulations, procedures, standards, and legislation for VBA-wide application are consistent with the goals and policies of the Secretary and Under Secretary for Benefits. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provides leadership, direction and management over VBAs employee development and training activities.
· Provides leadership for human resources management matters (such as recruitment, placement, succession planning, position management, classification, and employee and labor relations) to VBA central Office staffs and field facilities.
· Administers a space management and control program for the procurement and utilization of space and for the design of modern office systems and environments,
· Provides executive level guidance for development of policies and procedures of VBAs administrative activities in the areas of receipt/dispatch of mail; emergency preparedness; environmental and materiel management; custody and movement of veterans records; and acquisition of service department records needed to adjudicate claims.
· Serves as a member of VBAs Executive Resources Board, Performance Review Board, and several senior-level task forces at the Department level.
· Ensures that VBA maintains an effective and sound Equal Opportunity program that addresses the prevention and resolution of discrimination.