To qualify for this GS-15 position, you must meet the following:
Have at least 52 weeks of full-time specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level (gained within or outside Federal employment) involving work performing duties such as: 1) develop manpower information systems and organizational requirements; 2) create databases and information systems to support data analysis in human capital processes; 3) direct management studies, reviews, assessments and surveys on topics such as the utilization of manpower within functional areas, both internal and external; the integration of operating programs; and compliance with agency program objectives; 4) analyze personnel requirements and ensure staffing levels are within acceptable ranges; and 5) supervise and plan overall work operations, set priorities, and establish schedules of work completion for subordinates. NOTE: Your resume must clearly indicate your experiences as related to the above items; otherwise your eligibility may be affected.
Education is not qualifying for the GS-15 grade level. Please do not submit transcripts.
Time-in-Grade Requirements: Current Federal employees must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade in the Federal service. All qualifications and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
New employees must serve a one year probationary period.
NOTE: As this is a supervisory position, applicants must have demonstrated in their work experience that they possess, or have the potential to develop, the qualities of successful supervision. An interview may be included in the evaluation process to assess these abilities.
Applicants should possess proficiency or the potential to develop proficiency in the following ten competencies: 1) accountability; 2) customer service; 3) decisiveness; 4) flexibility; 5) integrity/honesty; 6) interpersonal skills; 7) oral communication; 8) problem solving; 9) resilience; and 10) written communication.
Employees who are initially appointed to supervisory positions must serve a supervisory probationary period of one year.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The categories are defined as follows:
Best Qualified Demonstrates better overall or key knowledge, skills, or abilities for a specific position.
Well Qualified Possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities which clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position, but does not necessarily meet the definition of best qualified.
Qualified Meets the minimum qualifications standards, including any selective placement factors, for a specific position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Knowledge of and skill in conducting studies of employee/organizational efficiency and productivity to recommend changes or improvements in organization, staffing, work methods, and procedures
- Ability to provide clear written and oral reports with conclusions, alternatives, and recommendations on administrative and/or operational issues, policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Knowledge of pertinent administrative laws, regulations, policies, and precedents which affect various levels of program operations to provide guidance on program planning, development, evaluation, and maintenance (i.e. identifying resources - staffing, funding, equipment, and information systems)
- Skill to plan, organize, and implement administrative support and/or operation programs, plans, and proposals involving substantial agency resources or that require extensive changes in established procedures
- Knowledge in the areas relating to manpower, information systems development
- Ability to Supervise
Application of Veterans' Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veteran's preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher.