Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to direct a multi-faceted program for manpower studies to enhance organizational effectiveness and data base management to accurately reflect workforce changes through the use of a Table of Organization? Then consider joining the Office of the Under Secretary (OUS), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
Major Duties of this GS-15 position include but are not limited to the following:
- Direct a multi-faceted program for manpower studies to enhance the Agency's organizational effectiveness
- Analyze project metrics throughout the project life cycle, comparing the actual metrics with the planned outcome
- Assure the production of formal studies in a wide variety of human resource and manpower topics
- Ensure staffing levels are within Table of Organization
- Manage system operations and ensure reliability of information using knowledge of human resources operations, policies and procedures, and personnel regulations