Job Title:Supervisory Workforce Development Specialist - NIAID - MP
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:National Institutes of Health
Job Announcement Number:NIH-NIAID-MP-13-898093
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, June 10, 2013 to
Friday, June 14, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Montgomery County, MD United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles) |
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
This position is located in the Workforce Development Branch (WDB), Office of Workforce Effectiveness and Resources (OWER), Office of Science Management and Operations (OSMO), Office of the Director (OD), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Time in grade met within 30 days of closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
DUTIES:Back to top
If selected for this position you will perform the following duties and functions:
- Perform the full range of supervisory responsibilities to include planning, assigning, and directing the work to be accomplished, insuring timely performance of satisfactory amounts and quality of work; developing work performance standards; evaluating performance; interviewing and making selections for positions.
- Provide leadership and oversight to those involved in advising and consulting with NIAID management on a range of critical issues relating to the integration of strategic planning efforts with interrelated work flow processes across the organization.
- Advise and consult on issues related to the development of effective monitoring methods and processes that measure organizational performance results and success in achieving strategic goals and objectives that are closely aligned to the mission of the Institute.
- Provide expert leadership on issues related to talent development, to include the identification and fulfillment of critical learning and development needs across the Institute. Oversee the conduct of a variety of functions directly related to workforce learning and development activities.
- Plan, implement, develop and evaluate training and development systems, policies, programs and procedures for NIAID. Provide leadership in the development of a wide range of Institute-specific training opportunities.
- Manage the delivery of a variety of management advisory services to NIAID managers and supervisors through contractual arrangement. Through subordinate staff, ensure that contracts are established appropriately to include technical requirements, contract specifications, quality control plans and procedures, and delivery schedules.
- Ensure high quality content is developed, delivery is effective, and satisfaction of NIAID program managers is achieved.
- Oversee the performance of subordinates serving as project officers responsible for performing associated contract management duties such as preparing acquisition plans and statements of work, determining quality assurance requirements, monitoring contract duties, and performing other areas of post-award administration.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Possess 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: providing leadership, guidance and advice on matters related to organizational development and effectiveness and employee learning and development; researching and analyzing management proposals and approaches; developing and presenting leadership and management development programs to senior staff members.
View Assessment Questions
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: