You may have heard GSA called 'the government's landlord', but GSA is about more than just buildings...We're a vehicle management and acquisition service...a real estate manager...an IT solutions provider...a global supply chain manager...and more! GSA provides innovative solutions for Federal agencies that include products, services, workspace, and expertise to build a more high-performing, efficient, sustainable, and transparent government for the American people. And, since our jobs are as diverse as the services we provide, GSA is a great place to start, build, and expand your career.
NOTE: This announcement has been amended to extend the closing date from 6/11/2013 to 06/18/2013.
There is one vacancy to be filled at this time, however, this announcement may be used for filling similar vacancies in this or other GSA organizations.
This vacancy is also being announced as Vacancy Announcement Number 1300124AFMP under Merit Promotion regulations. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under Merit Promotion Procedures. Note: You must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered under both procedures.
GSA has been repeatedly named by the Partnership for Public Service as one of the 'Best Places to Work in the Federal Government'. As an IT Specialist (Applications Software) you will serve as a respected authority and Agency spokesperson on information technology and web enterprise architecture with responsibility for application and infrastructure design, strategic management, effective use and evaluation of Federal information technology, and development of applications and strategies to improve the delivery of electronic services to citizens. This position is located in the Office of Citizens Services and Innovative Technologies (OCSIT), Office of Innovative Technologies (OIT) which focuses on initiatives that enable agencies to deliver the most effective and efficient services to citizens including IT, e-Government initiatives, and those that advance the President's technology agenda, 1275 First Street, N.E., Washington, D.C. 20417. GSA offers its employees a wide range of benefits including:
Federal health insurance plans (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options to choose from
- Leave policies to help you take care of your personal, recreational, and health care needs
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules and telework
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Training and development
The major duties and tasks of the associate are:
- Serves as a software engineer/developer in the field of open data and large-scale open source systems.
- Provides the application and infrastructure design, strategic management, and the effective use and evaluation of Federal information technology.
- Collaborates with open source developers to foster the creation and maintenance of vibrant open source communities around Office of Innovative Technologies (OIT) projects such as Data.gov.
- Serves as a web architect with responsibility for portal design, solution enhancements, content management systems, configuration management, web metrics, application testing, performance monitoring and infrastructure maintenance.