One year of specialized experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled. To be creditable, the specialized experience must have been at the GS-12 grade level or equivalent under other pay systems in the Federal service.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-12 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
- Knowledge of DoD and Air Force regulations, principles, and practices pertaining to logistics support functions.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of logistics support activities including, but not limited to, determination of fund requirement; supply support systems and, the integration of supply, transportation, maintenance, and other logistics support activities.
- Knowledge of program planning, funding, and logistics management information systems.
- Skill in analyzing, evaluating, and interpreting logistics readiness factors, and formulating procedural solutions to problems.
- Ability to integrate the separate functions in planning or implementing a logistics management program.
- Skill in effective written and oral communication.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Mobility is a condition of employment. Employee must sign an Air Force-wide mobility agreement.
- Travel by regularly scheduled commercial or military conveyances IAW Joint Travel Regulations may by required in performance of TDY.
- Temporary promotion: If the position is filled as a temporary promotion, upon completion of the CB position the temporary promotion may lead to permanent promotion without further competition.
- PCS cost will be paid IAW Career Broadening Policy under this agreement.
- PCS restrictions: An employee selected to make a PCS to a Career Broadening assignment is restricted from making a second PCS for 24 months.
- Employee must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance
- Work may require other than traditional duty hours to meet requirements.
- Relocation incentive authorized $10,000.00.
SPECIFIC QUALIFYING REQUIREMENTS: In addition to the basic requirements, candidates for logistics career broadening assignments must meet the following at the time of self nomination/closing date of this announcement:
**Candidates will not be considered if they do not meet the minimum twenty-four (24) months of qualifying Logistics experience.**
(1) Must be able to acquire and retain a SECRET security clearance.
(2) Possess a minimum of twenty-four (24) months of "qualifying experience" in one or more logistics primary or shared occupational series assigned a Logistics Organizational Function Code (reference AFMAN 36-606, Figure 10.1). Qualifying experience must have been performed on a permanent or temporary basis at the GS-12 grade level or higher. Minimum twenty-four (24) months of qualifying military logistics experience (Logistics AFSC/Officer, 2XXX or Enlisted, 2XXXX) can satisfy this requirement.
(3) Have not received a performance appraisal rating of less than "Acceptable" within the last 3 years.
(4) Possess 3 or more years of continuous Federal Civilian Service (excluding military service).
(5) Must be currently in or have occupied a primary or shared logistics position/series to meet qualifications.
(6) Must not be under any restrictions as of the self-nominating cut-off date.
(7) All formal training must be completed before Career Broadening consideration.
(8) Submit a signed endorsement letter and a signed resume as part of the application package you upload into USAJOBS. See below on how to determine the appropriate endorser:
A. If you work at a MAJCOM or Operational Wing (any wing/organization that is aligned under a MAJCOM), the endorser is the MAJCOM/A4 SES or designee.
B. If your organization is aligned under the Air Force Sustainment Center (AFSC), the endorser is the AFSC/LG or designee. Please route endorsement letter requests through the AFSC/LGAB Workflow e-mal address.
C. If your organization is aligned under the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), the endorser is the AFLCMC/LG or designee.
D. If you do not fit into any of the above categories (i.e. Joint Command, DLA, etc), the endorser is the senior logistician in your chain of command.
E. For all personnel applying from a base scheduled for closure/realignment, the MAJCOM senior logistician signature is required.
If you have questions about this Career Broadening opportunity; please contact the Logistics Career Field Team at DSN 665-2209 or CML 210-565-2209, during the open announcement period only.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.