Department: Department Of Energy
Agency: Department of Energy
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Washington, DC, USView Map
- Current Federal employee with competitive status
- Former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility
- CTAP/ICTAP eligibles
- Veterans with VOW, VEOA or VRA eligibility
- Those eligible under an OPM interchange agreement or special appointing authority
This position is also advertised to all US Citizens as announcement # HQ-13-CAT-18-EI-00479
The U. S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) provides policy-neutral data, forecasts, and analyses to promote sound policy making, efficient markets, and public understanding regarding energy and its interaction with the economy and the environment. EIA provides a wide range of information and data products covering energy production, stocks, demand, imports, exports, and prices; and prepares analyses and special reports on topics of current interest. For more information please visit EIA's website at: http://www.eia.gov/
The Office of Energy Statistics conducts a wide range of survey, statistical methods, and integration activities related to: energy consumption and efficiency; electricity; nuclear and renewable energy; oil, gas and coal supply; and petroleum and biofuels. This Office also manages the EIA data collection program and the quality control for weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and quadrennial statistical reports.
A successful candidate in this position will:
- Perform parts of projects evaluating oil and gas geologic systems and production capabilities.
- Operate data collection systems and functions pertaining to the geologic structure, composition, and history of earth sites.
- Research and review more efficient exploration, production, and distribution systems reflective of new and emerging technologies.
- Document the effects of Government policies and private sector practices on current and future petroleum production and supplies.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Relocation is at your own expense.
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.