Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of International Security StudiesJob Announcement Number: NDU-13-040-894177
Department: Department of Defense
Agency: National Defense University
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Thursday, May 23, 2013 to
Thursday, June 13, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
Excepted Service Term NTE 3 years
1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Bragg, NC United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
The National Defense University (NDU) educates military and civilian leaders through teaching, research, and outreach in national security strategy, national military strategy, and national resource strategy; joint and multinational operations; information strategies, operations, and resource management; acquisition; and regional defense and security studies.
The mission of the College of International Security Affairs (CISA) at NDU is to educate and prepare civilian and military national security professionals and future leaders from the United States and partner nations for the strategic challenges of the contemporary security environment. CISA is the Department of Defense flagship for education and the building of partnership capacity in combating terrorism and irregular warfare at the strategic level. CISA prepares students for high-level policy and command and staff responsibilities through a graduate, interagency, and joint professional military education program.
This is a Title 10 Excepted Service Appointment. Appointment not to exceed 3 years with the possibility for extension.
DUTIES:Back to top
1) Excellence in (or potential for) research and publication in a relevant field
2) Ability to teach, advise theses, and develop graduate curricula
3) Ability to collaborate and coordinate with colleagues and participate in or initiate outreach activities.
4) Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with faculty and high level government and academic officials.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
- Experience and demonstrated excellence teaching subjects related to the challenges of the contemporary international security environment at the graduate level and mentoring graduate-level writing
- Evidence of ability to work with faculty in a collaborative environment and mediate conflict
- A record of involvement in faculty enhancement activities such as workshops, discussion groups, colloquia, and speaker series
- Experience and demonstrated excellence teaching at the graduate level and mentoring graduate level writing
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development and related academic duties
- Experience interacting with high-level government and industry officials
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be evaluated by information provided in the Assessment Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.