SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as the following Selective Placement Factors.
Selective Placement Factors are knowledge, skills, abilities, or special qualifications that are in addition to the minimum requirements in a qualification standard, but are determined to be essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of a particular position. Applicants who do not meet a selective factor are ineligible for further consideration. The Selective Placement Factors for this position are:
Writing or leading the development of articles, news releases, talking points, audio and video scripts, and social media and web content to specialized audiences about energy issues;
Writing and editing a variety of articles about energy policy and analysis; Conducting outreach efforts to energy-related agencies, organizations and policies-makers;
Maintaining effective working relationships with representatives of print and broadcast media; and
Preparing top-level officials for radio and/or television appearances or other news media interviews.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). You are NOT required to provide a separate narrative written response. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below:
1. Knowledge of policies, products, and critical energy issues in order to effectively respond to requests for information from media representatives, other governmental entities, and the general public.
2. Knowlege of the principles, methods, practices and techniques of communication that enables the public affairs specialist to function as the technical authority responsible for the development and execution of plans for dissemination of written and oral information to encourage groups and individuals within the EIA to adopt program results developed from public input.
3. Knowledge of writing and editing for print and electronic media. Broad knowledge of, and experience in, writing and/or editing material related to energy, sciences, and economics. Specialized knowledge of English grammar, Government style, and effective online presentation/writing techniques.
4. Knowledge of, and skilled in, the principles, methods, practices, and techniques of external and internal communications and outreach efforts, utilizing both traditional and social media, in order to function as an expert in planning and carrying out outreach programs of national scope and significance.
5. Skill in interpreting, synthesizing, expressing, and presenting highly technical energy data, analyses and complex analytical information for a variety of audiences, including the general public.
6. Skill in oral and written communications to communicate with peers and high level officials from within and outside EIA to exchange information, coordinate and execute assignments or resolve problems
Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements for consideration.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Although a degree is not required, your educational background will be strongly
considered in the evaluation of your overall qualifications for this position. Supporting documentation of your education and training is appreciated, even though not required for this position. Please fax all supporting documents
in accordance with the instructions provided under Required Documents in the "How to Apply" section.
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
This position is not covered under the bargaining unit of NTEU.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application to ensure you meet the job requirements.
If you meet the qualifications requirements and are found to be among the top candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
If your résumé is incomplete or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation BEFORE the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted. To preview questions please click here.