Who May Apply: All U.S. Citizens
If you want to do interesting and challenging work and to make a contribution to national defense, DISA is a great place for you. DISA provides secure and reliable communications and computing support that enable the President and our military forces to communicate globally through voice, video, and data transmission. DISA is a leader within the Federal Government in implementing "people programs" and offers a broad range of quality-of-life and training programs. Go to www.disa.mil for more information.
This position is being announced using the USA Staffing Application Manager system. Please click the How to Apply tab for instructions on applying for this position.
· Participates and/or leads multi-party engineering teams to design and implement solutions for modernization of capability in the Joint C2 portfolio.
· Researches new technological developments, including commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) and government-off-the-shelf (GOTS) software, to solve identified problems or meet future needs of the Joint C2 community.
· Participates in Joint C2 data governance and working group activities that address interoperability challenges and information exchange standards.
· Participates in the development of objective architecture constraints for the Joint C2 community that will synchronize modernization and promote interoperability among widely distributed systems that are developed by many different developers.
· Evaluates Joint C2 community capabilities for compliance with Joint C2 Objective Architecture criteria.
· Performs Technical Task Monitor duties, responsible for developing statements of work, hardware acquisition packages, deliverable evaluations, and vendor performance.