Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
8959421. Title of Job
IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT)2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address4. Work Information5. Employment Availability6. Citizenship
Are you a citizen of the United States?7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest Grade
1111. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.16. Availability Date17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational Specialties
001 IT Specialist (CUSTSPT)21. Geographic Availability
178220167 Springfield, IL22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
1. Are you currently a member of the Illinois National Guard?
2. If you are a member of the Illinois National Guard, are you currently a technician? Select the description below which best describes your status.
A. I am currently a Permanent Federal Technician with the Illinois National Guard.
B. I am currently an Indefinite Federal Technician with the Illinois National Guard.
C. I am currently a Temporary Federal Technician with the Illinois National Guard.
D. I am currently a traditional (M-Day) member of the Illinois National Guard.
E. Not a current member.
3. If you are not a member of the Illinois National Guard, are you willing to become a member? If yes, contact the Recruiting Command at 1-800-GO-GUARD, or www.1800goguard.com to see if you are eligible for enlistment.
C. Not applicable, I am a current member.
4. Do you possess experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process? Experience may have been gained in work such as computer operator or assistant, computer sales representative, program analyst, or other positions that required the use or adaptation of computer programs and systems.
5. Do you possess at least 36 months experience, education, or training that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization? Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion.
6. If you answered NO to question 5, do you possess at least 24 months experience, education, or training in analysis of the interrelationship of pertinent components of the system? Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment. Experience scheduling the sequence of programs to be processed by computers where alternatives had to be weighed with a view to production efficiency.
If you answered NO to question 5 and 6, do you possess at least 12 months experience, education, or training in translating detailed logical steps developed by others into language codes that computers accept where this required understanding of procedures and limitations appropriate to use of a programming language? Experience interviewing subject-matter personnel to get facts regarding work processes, and synthesizing the resulting data into charts showing information flow.
8. If you answered no to Questions 35, 6, or 7; do you possess any of the following education?
A. GS-11: A Ph.D. or equivalent, or 3 years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree.
B. GS-09: A masters or equivalent graduate degree or 2 years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree.
C. GS-07: One full year of graduate level education.
D. My education does not fall into the categories above.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
Knowledge of a wide range of telecommunications and computer security techniques, requirements, methods, sources, and procedures for the following programs: Computer Security (COMPUSEC), network security, communications security (COMSEC), Electronic Key Management System (AFEKMS), Emissions Security (EMSEC), STU III, FORTEZZA security, and Security Awareness, Training and Education (SATE).
10. Knowledge of concepts, principles, methods, and practices in the information systems security to design, develop, implement, and maintain secure systems and services, assess the effectiveness of current systems security and services, and provide advice and guidance on complex issues.
11. Knowledge of information systems security principles and methods to design, develop, implement, and manage systems, networks, and data that ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
12. Knowledge of methods for evaluating, implementing and disseminating information systems security tools and procedures to ensure, protect, and restore information security systems and network services and capabilities.
13. Knowledge of Security Awareness Training and Education (SATE) security training program, training materials, and sources.
14. Ability to isolate and analyze relevant data to conduct analyses of complex issues affecting the specialty area.
15. Skill in oral and written communication to prepare and present reports, interpret policies and guidelines, provide advice and guidance to customers, and represent the organization in interactions with other organizations.
16. Ability to provide technical leadership on projects that require group efforts.