THERE IS A TYPING PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT OF 40 WPM FOR THIS POSITION
Possess one (1) year of specialized experience (equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service) that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of this position. This specialized experience has been gained in a medical environment and includes: determining eligibility for a medical/beneficiary travel program, process requests; determine fund control points to utilize, maintain manual and electronic accounting records, perform regular reconciliations, and adjust accounting balances; determine method of payment for authorized and unauthorized claims submitted for consideration; write or select appropriate letters explaining disposition of unauthorized travel claims; explain regulatory guidelines to beneficiaries; documents and prepares statistical reports to supervisor upon requests for fiscal year budget; maintain and controls filing system in accordance with regulations; arrange all modes of transportation via air ambulance, commercial air, taxi, ambulance, bus and/or independent transportation; reconciles vouchers against authorization for accuracy prior to preparing certifications for payment; performs customer service and provide assistance and support to different work areas to maximize customer service; responds to client requests, and seeks resolution for customer complaints.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) as part of the assessment questionnaire for this position:
· Knowledge of and skill in the application of extensive transportation regulations
· Ability to demonstrate your knowledge of validation, control and maintaining accounting records for many travel accounts
· Ability to demonstrate your knowledge of the review process to make determination on ambulance bills and if request for payment is legitimate
The work requires no special physical demands, but will require some physical efforts such as standing, walking, bending or sitting.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications .
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Please refer to this checklist to ensure proper accreditation and for foreign education requirements.
When applying for Federal jobs, eligible veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of DD-214(s) showing all dates of service as well as character of service (honorable, general, etc.). Additionally, veterans with service-connected disability of 10% or more must also submit a copy of their official statement from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or from a branch of the Armed Forces, certifying their service-connected disability and/or their receipt of compensation for service-connected disability. If the military member is within 120 days of separation and does not yet have a DD214, the member may instead submit any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is signed.
Veterans with service-connected disability of less than 10%, non service-connected disability, and Purple Heart recipients, as-well-as those claiming derived preference for a spouse, widow or widower, or natural mother, should refer to and submit a completed " SF15, "Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference," (go to http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf) and required documentation with your application materials. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applicants will be ranked based on four quality groups, as follows:
- Best qualified - applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are highly proficient in all requirements of the job and can perform effectively in the position;
- Highly qualified - applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in most of the requirements of the job;
- Well qualified - applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors, and who are proficient in some, but not all, of the requirements of the job; and
- Qualified - applicants possessing experience and/or education that meets the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors.
After the vacancy announcement closes, reviewed applications are evaluated against the questionnaire responses and placed in the appropriate quality group. Qualified veterans will be afforded preference by being placed at the top of the appropriate quality group. Qualifying veterans with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be placed at the top of the best qualified group. The best qualified group is the first to be referred to the hiring facility for further consideration and possible interview. The remaining groups may be referred based on the number of applicants available.