Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education, and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement. Education may only be substituted in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to be credited towards qualifications. Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the education requirements if you can show that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click on the link for a list of accredited organizations recognized as specializing in interpretation of foreign education credentials.
NOTE: Applicants must meet time-in-grade and time after competitive appointment requirements, by the closing date of this announcement. Applicants applying for the GS-15 grade level must meet the following requirements: Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below:
- Attention to Detail - The SYS Director develops reporting, presentations, and justifications for an executive audience, both internally and external to the Department of State (e.g., OMB, GAO, Congressional testimony). Ability to gather and understand the basis of data and information gathered from a variety of inputs including system integrator contractor, IV&V contractor, and internal and external sources. The SYS Director must also evaluate detailed earned value management reports from Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS) contractors and identify areas for attention as well as program risks. Attention to detail is also required in all areas of contract management including requirements, scope, performance criteria and deliverables for multiple concurrent contracts.
- Customer Service - The SYS Director is directly responsible for customer satisfaction as a major performance indicator for ILMS for over 25,000 overseas and domestic users including vital stakeholders such as Ambassadors at US Missions and Posts world-wide while maintaining a 24/7 global help desk. Represents the program globally on-site at Posts. Ability to listen, assesses, and prioritizes customer feedback and determines when existing processes can be used to resolve the concern or another approach is warranted. Evaluates performance of the ILMS 24/7 customer service desk and identifies improvement strategies.
- Oral Communication - Ability to articulate program processes, system functionality and program objectives in a variety of domestic and overseas forums to end-users, SYS staff, and department and organziational leadership. Ability to articulate functionality of ILMS by module, and dependencies of future initiatives on current supply chain business processes. Ability to translate program data and information and package it to respond accurately and comprehensively to executive business reporting requests.
- Problem Solving - Manages over 100 government FTE and contractor personnel in high pace, high quality professional environment. Ability to understand and formulate an approach to resolve a wide array of problems at each level of the enterprise architecture (infrastructure, application, information, processes, logistics business function) including the business organization on a daily basis. AND Have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
-Experience and knowledge of managing a large scale, complex, and global IT operation both globally and domestically.
-Experience and knowledge in managing, planning, implementing and evaluating ongoing IT modernization activities during the system development life cycle.
- Experience and knowledge in providing direction and oversight of contract personnel while carrying out all the duties associated with Contracting Office Representative (COR).
NOTE: In order to qualify for this position, your experience MUST be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-15 position.
In addition, applicant's experience must also demonstrate that the candidate possesses the following qualities:
- Ability to assign, review, and supervise the work of others;
- Objectivity and fairness in judging people on their ability, and situations on the facts and circumstances;
- Ability to adjust to change, work pressures, or difficult situations without undue stress;
- Willingness to consider new ideas or divergent points of view; and
- Capacity to "see the job through."
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
-Knowledge of information technology performance measures.
-Ability to develop, interpret and apply policies governing information technology throughout the agency.
-Knowledge of information technology specialty areas (e.g., application systems design, database management, computer equipment, software systems.
-Ability to utilize a life cycle management system and other eLogistics systems initiative from concept evaluation, design and development.
-Ability to provide direction and oversight of contract personnel as a Contracting Officer Representative.
-Ability to supervise.
Your resume serves as the basis for qualification determinations and must highlight your most relevant and significant work experience(s) and education (if applicable) as it relates to this job opportunity. In order to fully evaluate your application and receive proper credit, your resume should include: (1) paid and non-paid experience, job title, dates held (month and year for qualifying purposes to receive credit), number of hours worked per week, and salary (2) knowledge of the subject matter and technical skills pertinent to this position; (3) specific duties performed that fully detail the level and complexity of the work; and (4) names and phone numbers of your current and/or previous supervisor(s). Your resume should contain sufficient information to make a valid determination that you fully meet the basic/specialized experience requirements as stated in this job opportunity announcement for each grade level(s) for which you are applying. This information should be clearly identified in your resume. Failure to provide information sufficient to determine your qualifications for the position will result in loss of consideration. For tips on writing your resume, please visit the USAJOBS Resource Center. To preview questions please click here.
Qualified candidates are assigned a score between 70 and 100. Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be rated "Well Qualified" for the position and earn a score of at least 85 (when applicants are rated in a range of 70 to 100) to receive consideration for special priority.
If, after reviewing your resume and self-assessment questionnaire responses and a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, a score will be manually determined that reflects your documented experience. This may result in a lower score, which may also eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Applicants must meet all the qualification requirements and submit any required supporting documentation by the closing date of this job opportunity. Applicants found to be among the top qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interview.