Washington Headquarters Service (WHS)
Office of Military Commissions (OMC)
Boards and Commissions Task Force
This position is located in the Office of Military Commissions (OMC), Department of Defense (DoD). The incumbent serves as the primary travel administrator within the Office of Military Commissions. The incumbent performs a variety of administrative duties that support the integrity of data contained in the Defense Travel System (DTS), as well as other travel-related duties.
Schedule A hiring authority 213.3106(b)(10) which covers positions in direct support of operations in Iraq and Afghanistan will be used to hire applicants. Time Limited NTE 1 year and 1 day from date of appointment.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: This announcement is open to: All U.S. Citizens
This is a Time Limited position in the Excepted Service NTE 1 year and 1 day from date of appointment.
You must have met the one year specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level as described in the qualifications section by the closing date of this announcement.
As a Defense Travel Administrator you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Serving as the primary Defense Travel Administrator (DTA) for the Defense Travel System (DTS) within the OMC.
- Control and coordination of all required actions that support the successful deployment, operation, and management of the DTS throughout the OMC.
- Providing advice and assistance to users and other employees/managers.
- Overseeing the setup, implementation, and sustainment of the DTS for all Directorates within the OMC.
- Implementing and managing the day-to-day activities during systems operations,.including personnel data download and review, business process analyses, and connectivity for the DTA Training and the Defense Accounting and Disbursing Systems, as well as the Commercial Travel Office.
- Maintaining a database of user information and controls user access to Privacy Act infonnation and travel documents.
- Establishing and managing a training program for ODTA's as well as authorizing officials/certifying officials.
- Managing the administrative setup structure within the DTS and controls access to the major modules of the DTS relevant to the access levels, such as organizational data and lines of accounting.
- Analyzing travel documents and reports available in the DTS and resolves any problems that are identified.
- Coordinating with the DTS Finance Defense Travel Administrator to perform a variety of budgetary and administrative functions when implementing the organization's travel program, as well as the related policies and procedures.
- Serving as the Debt Management Monitor and analyzes DTS traveler debt information.
- Ensuring travel orders are in compliance with the joint federal travel regulations and the joint travel regulations.