Job Title:Chaplain (Clinical Pastoral Education Supervisor)
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:893499
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$71,455.00 to $92,890.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, May 17, 2013 to Friday, July 19, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Cincinnati, OH United StatesView Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
Come Join The Department of Veterans Affairs, where Chaplains are interdisciplinary team members, providing a complete range of spiritual care ministries to veterans and their families.
This is a permanent full time position for a Clinical Pastoral Education Supervisor at the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Cincinnati OH. For information about the VA Medical Center see their web site:
ABOUT THE POSITION
- The Chaplain Clinical Pastoral Education Supervisor coordinates and oversees a program of clinical pastoral education accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education.
- The candidate will establish a professional consultation committee, publish course prerequisites and requirements, recruit students, evaluate student functioning, and provide documents to the ACPE national office as required.
- As a certified CPE Supervisor, the candidate will be involved in regional/national activities of ACPE, insuring the good standing of the CPE Program with the accrediting organization.
- The Chaplain participates in design and implementation of in-service training and orientation material and programs for other services in the medical center.
- The Chaplain also provides spiritual and pastoral care to Veterans.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Department of Veterans Affairs Core Values Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, Excellence = I CARE
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For questions, please contact the agency representative at Mario.Dagulo@va.gov
- Must be a US Citizen
- Certification as a Supervisor or Associate Supervisor of CPE
- You will be required to serve a probationary period of 1 year
- You may be subject to random urinalysis testing
- Ecclesiastical endorsement dated within the past year