General Experience: Experience, education, or training in a variety of operations or situations concerned with substance or content of supply actions, requiring ability to decide course of action to take, considering the circumstances or conditions encountered. Experience using computer and automation systems.
GS-06 Specialized Experience: Applicant must have at least 9 months experience, education, or training which demonstrates knowledge of governing supply regulations, policies, procedures, and instructions applicable to the specific assignment. Experience conducting searches for required information; reconstruct records for routine supply transactions; and/or provide supply operations support for activities involving specialized or unique supplies, equipment, and parts. Experience performing routine aspects of supply specialist work based on practical knowledge of standard procedures, where assignments include individual case problems related to a limited segment in one of the major areas of supply management.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies: Applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be further evaluated by the selecting supervisor based on the following competencies considered essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Knowledge of commonly applied supply, facility, storage, and maintenance policies, procedures, and techniques and knowledge to conduct extensive searches for required information in able to overcome logistical problems and to meet the ever-changing needs for complex state-of-art medical equipment technologies and medical requirements.
- Knowledge and ability to maintain accounting and reporting systems for non-expendable property, review requisitions, supporting documents, and reference material to determine priority supply actions required.
- Knowledge of the unique requirements of logistical support requirements for the Medical Group and the EMEDS mission.
- Knowledge of Allowance Standards (AS), Air Force Technical Orders (AFTO), funds management, and contingency plans governing operations and support, with a basic skill to apply analytical and counting-type tools to project medical material consumption rates, stock levels, and corresponding budgetary implications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, operating officials, and others to objectively gather facts.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) System and a Personal Computer (PC) System.
- Knowledge and ability to operate a forklift with a rated capacity of 15,000 pounds or more in order to accomplishing warehouse duties.
Substitution of Education for Specialized Experience High school graduate or the equivalent may be substituted for three months of specialized experience. Education in schools above the high school level may be substituted for experience on the basis of one academic year of study (i.e., 36 weeks or substantially full-time study or 30 semester hours or the equivalent) for 12 months of the required experience. For experience required in excess of 24 months, education in schools above the high schools level may be substituted at the rate of one academic year of education for six months of experience. School above high schools level means an educational institution (e.g., a business or commercial school or college, a secretarial school, a junior college or a college or university) for which high school graduation or the equivalent is a prerequisite and in which an applicant successfully completed study which was not primarily limited to courses in word processing and keyboarding or both. Substantially full-time study in the case of business and commercial schools is the equivalent of at least 20 classroom hours of instruction per week. One academic year consists of approximately 36 weeks of substantially full-time study or 30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Selected applicant must meet the following security requirement option: 2
- Applicant must successfully pass a National Agency Check (NAC).
- Applicant must successfully obtain/maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Applicant must successfully obtain/maintain a Top Secret Clearance.
- Applicant must successfully obtain/maintain a Top Secret Clearance/SCI.
RANK/GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Open to military ranks/grades of E-3 through E-6.
*Assignment to a compatible military position is NOT required for application, but required for appointment.
This position is for the following categories: 1
- Enlisted 2. Warrant Officer 3. Officer 4. Non-Dual Status
This position is: 2
- Supervisory position 2. Non-Supervisory position
POSITION TENURE: 1
- Permanent 2. Indefinite/Reimbursable 3. Indefinite NTE Deployment + 30 days 4. Indefinite NTE 30 SEP 13 5. Temporary
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applications for all positions will be evaluated against the basic qualifications for the position as stated in the general and specialized experience listed above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.