The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
Consider joining the Human Resources Systems Analytics & Information Division (HRSAID)! This exciting position involves information security within Human Resources (HR) information systems, and providing support in the areas of development, and enhancement of information systems security procedures, and tools. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Information Technology and Security.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of the Director (OD), Office of Human Resources (OHR), HR Systems Analytics & Information Division (HRSAID), HR Systems Support and Information Management Branch (SSIMB), please visit: http://hr.od.nih.gov .
- Assist in ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
- Assist in implementing, and evaluating the security programs of an organization, including the implementation of security programs designed to anticipate, assess, and minimize system vulnerabilities such as intrusion detection or access authentication programs.
- Assist in coordinating the implementation of security programs across platforms and establish vulnerability reporting criteria.
- Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks.
- Participate in Web based applications, network, and systems designs to ensure the implementation of systems security policies, guidelines and procedures, including initial design; system life cycle change review; and configuration management.
- Implement higher-level security requirements.