In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: All applicants must meet the following basic requirements.
All applicants must meet the following basic requirements for all grade levels:
- Graduation from a physician assistant educational program, accredited by the Accreditation Review Committee on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or its predecessors, at a college, university, or educational institution that is accredited by an accrediting body or organization recognized by the Secretary, U.S. Department of Education.
- Successful completion of the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) examination; must maintain status as a certified physician assistant, including completion of all requirements for continuing medical education (CME) and re-certification.
POSITIVE EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: This position has a Positive Education Requirement. In order to verify that you meet the positive education qualifications for this position, you must submit a complete copy of their transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (Course title, semester/quarter hours and grade). Failure to submit this information may result in an ineligible rating. You must submit your transcripts or list of college courses through the "Application Manager" or by fax. This is the only method in which transcripts can be submitted. Failure to provide this information may result in an ineligible rating. (Faxing instructions may be found under the "How to Apply" section.)
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: In order to qualify for this position, your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience is defined as experience that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled and has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities, to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience performing physical and emotional assesments, establishing health care goals, construction and implementation of a care program, and evaluating the results.
- Experience preparing written technical reports, educational materials, conduct classes and meetings, collaborate with staff and other professionals, write research studies and proposals, and correspondence.
- Experience organizing, recording, and communicating data relevant to primary health assessments including a detailed family and medical history, a physical examination, and selected laboratory tests.
- Experience making diagnoses and choosing, initiating, and modifying selected therapies, providing emergency treatment such as cardiac arrest, shock, or hemorrhage.
- Experience supervising staff including assigning and reviewing work, evaluating work performance of subordinates, and recommending performance standards and ratings.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site:http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0600/physician-assistant-series-0603/.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
As part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the following link: View Assessment Questions.
Are you using your education to qualify? For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you must submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned). See OPM's General Policies for information on crediting education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Selectee is required to participate in the Department of Defense direct deposit of pay program.
Selectee may be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
A security clearance is a requirement of this position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a position offer or removal.
Credentialing required under the guidelines of BUMEDINST 6320.66.
A physical exam is required.
Must maintain certification in CPR.
This is a Department of the Navy drug testing designated position. In accordance with Executive Order 12546, applicants selected are required to submit to a drug test and receive a negative drug test result prior to appointment. In addition, this position is a drug-testing designated position (TDP) subject to random testing for illegal drug use.
This position is coverd by Title 38.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Only experience, education and training acquired prior to the receipt of your application will be considered in the rating process.
You will be rated under Category Rating procedures based on the extent to which your experience meets the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for the position and rated as shown below. Additional points are not added for veterans preference; however, preference is still applied. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories:
Best Qualified- Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Highly Qualified-Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for announced position.
Qualified- Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for announced position.
If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.