Relocation expenses will not be paid. The Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) & Grain Inspection, Packers and Stockyard Administration (GIPSA) Financial Systems and Reporting Branch, Financial Management Division is responsible for the implementation of the overall integrated fiscal accounting system, methods, procedures, related reports, techniques, and forms. The incumbent participates with the Branch Chief and higher level management officials in planning, developing, and executing Branch activities and leads in providing administrative direction and supervision of Branch staff.
You can make a difference! The U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) Marketing and Regulatory Programs (MRP) needs bright, energetic and committed professionals to facilitate the domestic and international marketing of U.S. agricultural products and to protect the health and care of animals and plants in the United States. MRP offers an array of occupations and is committed to diversity in the workplace. We operate in domestic and global markets. Be part of an organization that protects the health and agriculture of the American people. Join our team!
APHIS is an emergency response agency. This means that all Agency employees may be asked or assigned to participate in rotating temporary duty assignments to support emergency programs at some time during their careers with APHIS. For details click: APHIS Emergency Response
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Participates fully with Branch Chief in the overall formulation of current and long-range policies and programs relating to Agency financial management systems, policies, reporting, and operations for activities of the Branch.
- Ensures the preparation of long-range plans for the development and installation of a fully integrated financial management system and coordinates the efforts of other management divisions and program officials to achieve integration of financial management data.
- Provides technical advice and assistance to all levels of Agency personnel on major and complex financial operations, reporting, and systems problems.
- Directs and coordinates execution of approved policies and programs and participates in the management of operating programs.
- Leads workgroups in designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining new national accounting and financial management systems for AMS and GIPSA, as new requirements develop.
- Identifies and implements improvements to the AMS and GIPSA accounting systems that will provide financial information necessary for daily decision-making by management, budget control, and other agency needs.
- Provides system interface and expertise on accounting data integrity among accounting systems and assists in ensuring effective coordination between financial management systems and other administrative program systems (e.g. property, procurement, personnel, etc.).
- Plans, directs, and conducts special reviews of financial problem areas and advises program officials on compliance with the existing regulations and procedures for operating the accounting system, evaluates the need for improvements based on results of the reviews, and makes recommendations to eliminate problem areas or generally improve financial management.