All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Qualifying experience may be obtained in the private or public sectors. Qualifying education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education. Additional information on the qualification requirements is outlined in the OPM Qualifications Standards Handbook of General Schedule Positions. It is available for your review in our office, in other Federal agency personnel offices, and on OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications.
SK-13: Candidate must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-12 level planning and organizing the review and editing of various documents using a variety of methods and techniques; preparing reports and detailed analytical presentations; and/or examining the adequacy of records and procedures relative to office business operations.
SK-14: In addition to the experience described above at the SK-13, candidate must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS/SK-13 level designing the scope and parameters of projects, and developing solutions to highly complex, sensitive issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Your résumé will be evaluated on the KSAs.
· Knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness or the improvement of processes and systems, and skill to negotiate effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations
· Knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods to select and apply appropriate program evaluation measurement techniques in determining extent of regulatory compliance and in evaluating operational effectiveness
· Skill to conduct complex research in order to apply broad regulations and rules to unprecedented situations and to contribute to preparation of rules and regulations
· Knowledge of the assigned organization to conduct and perform reviews to detect potential problems and to provide continuing assessment of operational and administrative effectiveness
· Skill to interact effectively with individual investors and industry representatives as well as with SEC senior officials, supervisors, co-workers, and the general public
· Skill to convey complex and technical information and present technical information to a wide range of audiences and in a variety of forums
· Knowledge and skill in conducting detailed review, analysis, and evaluation to determine long-range impact and develop substantive changes in the programs to meet both the evolving and unanticipated challenges (SK-14 only)
1. Application procedures are specific to this vacancy announcement. Please read all the instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may result in your not being considered for this position.
2. Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must have registered for the selective service. For more information, visit http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/selectiveservicerequirements.asp#icc.
3. Supplementary vacancies may be filled in addition to the number stated in this announcement.
4. This position has promotion potential to the SK-14.
5. PROBATIONARY PERIOD: This appointment may require completion of a one-year probationary period.
6. SECURITY CLEARANCE: Entrance on duty is contingent upon completion of a pre-employment security investigation. Favorable results on a Background Investigation may be a condition of employment or selection to another position.
7. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS): Moving/Relocation expenses are not authorized.
8. DIRECT DEPOSIT: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.9. This position is in the bargaining unit.
Information for Veterans: You may be eligible to receive preference in appointment. For more information please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Surplus or Displaced Federal Employees: For information on how to apply through the Interagency Career Transition Assistance program (ICTAP) see http://www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must meet the Well Qualified criteria of the rating scale for this position.
Schedule A Candidates: For information, please e-mail: DisabilityEmploymentProgram@SEC.gov
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
BASIS OF RATING: Candidates who meet the basic qualification requirements for this vacancy will be rated according to the Category Rating Procedures. This means that candidates will be assigned to a pre-defined quality category based on their application and veteran preference. Generally, only candidates in the top quality category will be referred to the hiring manager.
Individuals with veteran's preference will be placed ahead of other applicants within the rating category to which they are assigned. Preference-eligible veterans who have at least 10 percent compensable service-connected disability, and who have met the basic qualification requirements, will be placed ahead of other applicants in the highest category.
There will be three quality categories: Highly Qualified, Well Qualified and Qualified.