Job Title: Supervisory Psychologist, (RRTP Manager)Job Announcement Number: OA-13-NTM-891927-MHC
Department: Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Monday, November 4, 2013 to
Monday, November 4, 2013
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
Excepted Service Permanent
1 vacancy in the following location:
Dublin, GA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
US Citizens and Status Candidates
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 891927 (Include # on all documents)
Carl Vinson VAMC is seeking a Supervisory Psychologist to serve in the role as a Mental Health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program Manager.
This position is announced under two different disciplines Psychologist and Social Worker. Please apply under the appropriate announcement.
Carl Vinson Veterans Administration is seeking a Psyhcologist for a RRTP Supervisor
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
As a VA Psychologist, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/ . EDRP: The applicant selected for this position MAY BE eligible to apply for an education loan reimbursement award up to the maximum limitation under the provisions of the Education Debt Reduction Program. Eligibility to apply does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Approval for EDRP awards are subject to the availability of funding
- U. S. Citizenship
- Must have a doctoral degree in psychology
- English Language Proficiency required
- Have successfully completed a professional psychology internship
- Must pass a pre-employment exam
- Must pass a background check and drug test
DUTIES:Back to top
The Mental health Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program Manager (MH RRTPM) serves as a program manager for a 145-bed domicillary. He/She is responsible for developing policies and procedures for program operation and prepares statistics and reports for facility, VISN, and national use. He/she gathers, maintains and reports the data to the MH RRTP regarding day-to-day functioning and program evaluation. He/she plans, organizes, and directs; administrative, operational patient and personnel activities for the service. He/she administers information and analytical systems to evaluate and enhance the quality of service provided to patients. Develops and implements, and evaluates clinical guidelines and protocols to establish appropriate utilization of services. He/she established guidelines and performance expectations for staff. Communicate work improvement plans, recommend personnel actions as necessary to staff supervisors. Performs work related to the review, monitoring, analysis, planning and assessment of various programs. He/she performs duties independently, reporting directly to the Director of Mental Health Service Line.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
All individuals applying under this announcment must meet basic standards for appointment as contatined in the VA Handbook 5005/15, Part II, Appendix G18 dated March 17, 2006.
- U.S. Citizen or naturalized
- Have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program
- Have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program
- Hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to pracitce psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g. Puerto Rico) of the District of Columbia.
- Proficient in Written and Oral English in accordance with chapter 2, section D, paragraph 5a, this part.
GRADE DETERMINATIONS: GS-13
Experience: In addition to the experience requirements at the GS-12 level, at least 1 additional year of experience as a psychologist equivalent to the next lower grade level. In addition the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs:
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage subordinate employees.
- Skill in assessing qualifications and abilities of current and prospective employees.
- Ability to develop productivity standards appropriate to each service provided and each venue.
- Skill in interpersonal relationships, including conflict resolution.
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals or groups representing widely divergent backgrounds, interest, and points of view.
- Skill in working collaboratively with other disciplines and supervisors.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accreditied by the American Psychological Association (APA). The specialty area of thre degree must be consistent with the assignement for which the applicant is to be employed. AND Have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. *** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. ***
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To begin the process, click the Apply Online
button at the right side of this screen to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
YOU MUST INCLUDE VA FORM 10-2850c IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS VACANCY. You may upload the completed form to your USAJOBS or Application Manager account if you apply online. Then you can use the uploaded form again and again when applying for future vacancies. Please see this guide (http://www4.va.gov/OHRM/joblistings/uploading-and-using-documents-online.doc) for more information on uploading and re-using the form in your applications. Other required forms and documents can also be saved in your account and used the same way. Applicants are urged to apply online; this process is much easier and faster.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application, just reapply through your account in USAJOBS. Check your account ( https://my.usajobs.gov/Login.aspx ) to see the status of your application after applying, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
If you cannot apply online:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire: View Occupational Questionnaire.
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire: http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf .
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with all supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX form must be placed on top of all materials being faxed and will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- Keep a copy of your fax receipt in case verification is needed.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
- Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID: 891927. You must use this fax cover sheet in order for your documents to be matched with your online application.
- Fax your documents to (478)757-3144.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, November 04, 2013.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
- CV or Resume.
- VA Form 10-2850c - Application for Associated Health Occupations (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850c-fill.pdf) (required).
- Occupational Questionnaire
- Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf). This is a required form and must be submitted with your application.
- If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214 (required). Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf).
- If currently employed in the VA system, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After we receive your complete application package (including any required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed to decide if you meet the basic requirements. You will be notified when this decision is made.