Qualification requirements in vacancy announcements are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards Handbook, which contains federal qualification standards. This handbook is available on OPM's website at: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications
There are no minimum education requirements for this position.
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the next lower grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience is typically gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is IT.
Education may be substituted for specialized experience as listed below for each ZP level. Undergraduate or Graduate Education: Degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
Specialized experience for the ZP-2 (GS-7) position is defined as: Experience using satellite planning software such as Swath Planner or other Acquisition Planning Tools (APT); Geographical Information Systems (GIS) tools; spreadsheets for data tracking and reporting of expenditures; developing detailed statistical information; and communicating to gain information, exchange information, and/or resolves problems.
OR one full year of graduate level education or superior academic achievement.
Specialized experience for the ZP-3 (GS-11) position is defined as: Experience working with multiple commercial satellite or Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data providers to ensure satellite telemetry output data meet near real-time operational imagery requirements; use of spreadsheets for data tracking and reporting of expenditures; reviewing contract proposals for data volume, and communicating information in writing.
OR Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
For all grade levels, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating:
1. Attention to detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
NOTE: Your resume must document specialized experience and support your responses to the vacancy questions. If substituting education for specialized experience, you must provide all transcripts from all degrees received (unofficial copies are acceptable) by the closing date of this announcement. Individuals who are selected must be prepared to provide official transcripts.
*If course content cannot be easily identified from the title of the course as listed on your transcript, you must submit an official course description from the college/university that reflects the content at the time the course was taken.
For more information about the qualification requirements for this position: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/IORs/gs2200/2210-AltA.asp
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications stated in the vacancy announcement, we will compare your resume, optional cover letter and supporting documentation to your responses on the scored occupational questionnaire (True/False, Yes/ No, Multiple Choice questions) and place you in one of three pre-defined categories. These categories are "gold," "silver," and "bronze." However, your resume and/or optional cover letter must support your responses to the self-assessment questions, or your score may be lowered. Candidates placed in the "gold" category will be identified for referral to the hiring manager and may be invited for an interview.
How you will be evaluated for preference eligibility: Within each category, those entitled to veterans' preference will be listed at the top of the pre-defined category for which they are placed. Preference eligibles with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest quality category (gold) depending on the position and grade level of the job.
The scored occupational questionnaire will evaluate you on the following competencies; please do not provide a separate written response:
- Ability to use satellite planning software such as Swath Planner or other Acquisition Planning Tool (APT).
- Ability to use data tracking spreadsheets to track and report expenditures.
- Ability to carry out roles and responsibilities for data volume contracts.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Ability to effectively communicate information in writing.
For more information on category rating, please go to: http://hr.commerce.gov/s/groups/public/@doc/@cfoasa/@ohrm/documents/content/dev01_006408.pdf To preview questions please click here.