Department:Department Of Energy
Agency:Department of Energy
Job Announcement Number:HQ-13-CAT-19-EI-00480
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$89,033.00 to $115,742.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, May 14, 2013 to Tuesday, June 04, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|2 vacancies -
Washington, DC, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
All U.S. Citizens
This position is also advertised to status candidates as a Merit Promotion announcement, vacancy announcement #HQ-13-MP-19-00480-2.
The U. S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) provides policy-neutral data, forecasts, and analyses to promote sound policy making, efficient markets, and public understanding regarding energy and its interaction with the economy and the environment. EIA provides a wide range of information and data products covering energy production, stocks, demand, imports, exports, and prices; and prepares analyses and special reports on topics of current interest. For more information please visit EIA's website at: http://www.eia.gov/
The Office of Energy Statistics conducts a wide range of survey, statistical methods, and integration activities related to: energy consumption and efficiency; electricity; nuclear and renewable energy; oil, gas and coal supply; and petroleum and biofuels. This Office also manages the EIA data collection program and the quality control for weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and quadrennial statistical reports.
A successful candidate in this position will:
1. Evaluate and interpret oil and gas reserves and production data to identify geologic systems and determine industry trends.
2. Perform active outreach and industry research to develop target information data collection programs and prepare documentation to justify proposed new surveys and re-authorization of existing surveys.
3. Articulate and negotiate very complex and sensitive issues with officials of diverse perspectives with different opposing views.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program
- Relocation is at your own expense
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.
- This position is in the bargaining unit covered under NTEU.