The U.S. Department of the Treasury has a distinguished history dating back to the founding of our nation. As the steward of U.S. economic and financial systems, Treasury is a major and influential leader in today's global economy. We have over 100,000 employees across the country and around the world. Come Join the Department of the Treasury and Invest in Tomorrow.
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U.S. government through exceptional accounting, borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services.
The IT Specialist (OS) in the CIO/Information and Security Services/Data Services Branch has primary responsibility for installation, maintenance, and evaluation of Multiple Virtual Storage (MVS) or z OS, related third party software products, z OS mainframe, utility routines, and systems processors used under MVS and integrated client server products.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
Who May Apply:
1. Current Federal employees on career or career-conditional (permanent) appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility; or
2. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area; or
3. Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individuals with disabilities or covered by an interchange agreement); OR
4. Individuals who are eligible for appointment under the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act.
As an IT Specialist (OS), you will:
- Furnish technical assistance to Fiscal Service, Program Offices, or Division study groups engaged in fact-finding studies to establish the feasibility of automating operations, to investigate the use of new technology, and to identify modifications or additional equipment and/or systems software to support Fiscal Service's processing requirements.
- Assist the Branch Manager and or other computer systems programmers in short- and long-range operational planning functions related to mainframe systems.
- Advise Fiscal Service and customer management on new developments and advanced techniques in mainframe related systems software systems and their related support products.
- Analyze dumps and listings of the operating systems, utility routines, related support products, and system processors in order to locate errors. Apply corrections and modifications to system software as required. Perform systems generations of mainframe operating systems and processors.