1. Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate. Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
2. Ability to communicate in English (both written and verbal).
3. Possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis.
4. Possess eighteen (18) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth. AND Posses and maintain one of the following: Child Development Associate (CDA), Army School Age Credential (including Boys and Girls of America) or Army Practicum OR:
5. Possess twelve (12) months experience working in a group program with children and/or youth to include an AA degree with major emphasis in childcare OR:
6. Possess BA/BS degree with a major emphasis on Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Child Development, Home Economics, Special Education or related behavioral sciences.
Conditions of Employment:
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
- You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
- All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquires (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
- Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
- DA Form 3433-1 (Supplemental Application Form) must be completed upon appointment to a NAF position. http://armypubs.army.mil/eforms/pureedge/a3433_1.xfdl
- DA Form 3433-2 (Supplemental Employment Application Form For Child-Youth Services Positions) must be completed and submitted with this application. http://armypubs.army.mil/eforms/pureedge/a3433_2.xfdl or http://armypubs.army.mil/eforms/pdf/A3433_2.PDF
- Available to work Monday through Friday.
- Available to work hours ranging from 5:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are best qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The questions are designed to capture the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position. The score you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process may be used to verify your stated level of experience and capability. If a determination is made that you have rated yourself higher than is supported by your resume you will be assigned a rating commensurate to your described experience. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.