Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a reveiw of your complete application is made you will be notified of your rating and or referral to the hiring official. If further evaluation or interviews are required you will be contacted.
Instructions for completing the OPM 1203-FX:
If you are applying to this announcement by completing the OPM 1203-FX form instead of using the Online Application method, please use the following step-by-step instructions as a guide to filling out the required questionnaire. You will need to print the vacancy announcement and refer to it as you answer the questions. You may omit any optional information; however, you must provide responses to all required questions. Be sure to double check your application before submission.
Social Security Number
Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it. Vacancy Identification Number
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 8913831. Title of Job
Child and Youth Program Assistant, Summer Hire2. Biographic Data3. E-Mail Address
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.4. Work Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.5. Employment Availability
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.6. Citizenship
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.7. Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.8. Other Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.9. Languages
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.10. Lowest Grade
Enter the lowest grade level you will accept.
0111. Miscellaneous Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.12. Special Knowledge
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.13. Test Location
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.14. Veteran Preference Claim
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.15. Dates of Active Duty - Military Service
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.16. Availability Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.17. Service Computation Date
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.18. Other Date Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.19. Job Preference
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.20. Occupational Specialties
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
001 Child & Youth Services Program Assistant21. Geographic Availability
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
120844086 Doral, FL22. Transition Assistance Plan
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.23. Job Related Experience
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.24. Personal Background Information
If you are applying by the OPM Form 1203-FX, leave this section blank.25. Occupational/Assessment Questions:
First review all of the items listed below. After reviewing them, select the option that BEST describes the preference which you are eligible for. If you are eligible for more than one selection preference/priority consideration please indicate as appropriate. All supporting documentation must be uploaded /attached with your application in order to receive the requested priority consideration/selection preference. The next lower selection preference/priority consideration will be assigned if failure to provide supporting documentation prior to the closing date.
1. Are you residing within local commuting area? NOTE: If you are a Military Spouse moving into the area in 30 days, please respond to this question with Yes for employment consideration.
2. Are you willing to relocate yourself to this geographic location on your own expense? Please answer Yes if you are willing to travel to area of employment (Doral, FL) at your own expense.
3. Are you claiming Military Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)? NOTE: A spouse is defined as the wife or husband of an active duty military member of the Armed Forces, including the Coast Guard, and a member of the National Guard or Reserves on active duty. The Marriage must have occurred prior to the service member's relocation to the new duty station. Sponsor's PCS Orders are REQUIRED at the time of application to verify your claim. An eligible spouse must request consideration at the time of application. Eligibility time period begins 30 days before the military's sponsor's reporting date at the new duty location and continues during the entire tour, or until acceptance or declination of a position offer (NAF or APF) at the grade for which preference has been requested. Preference is also terminated on placement into any continuing position (NAF or APF), or one expected to continue for at least 1 year in the new duty location, whether or not preference was applied. This preference is only honored for the new duty location and any other installation within commuting area.
4. Are you claiming Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP)? NOTE: Certain members of the Armed Services, and dependents thereof, who were involuntarily separated from active duty with an honorable or general under honorable conditions discharge, are entitled to preference in hiring for a period of 1 year after separation. The preference must be claimed at time of application. An individual is entitled to this preference in hiring only one time. The preference is terminated upon placement in, or declination of, a NAF position for which application was made. A DD-214 member 4 copy needs to be provided and/or a Military and Civilian identification cards bearing the over stamp Transition Assistance (TA), to verify your claim.
5. Are you a DOD NAF employee separated by a business-based action? NOTE: This priority consideration is authorized for up to one year from separation. This priority is separate and apart from the Reemployment Priority List (RPL) priority placement program. A copy of the Separation DA Form 3434 (or equivalent) must be provided to verify your claim.
6. Are you a Current or Former NAF Employee? NOTE: This does not include emergency hire FLEX service, but includes any other service with a DOD NAFI. A copy of your most recent DA3434 (or equivalent) must be provided to verify your claim.
7. Are you a current APF Employee? NOTE: You must have been serving in a position without time limits and have served continuously for at least 1 year in an Army APF position. Current APF employees are deemed to have Current/Former NAF employee status. Your most recent SF-50 must be provided to verify your claim.
8. Are you claiming Outside Applicant Veteran Preference (OAV)? NOTE: Veteran's priority consideration does not apply to in-service placement actions. No point system is applied for NAF positions. A copy of your DD Form 214, Member-4 copy, must be provided to verify your claim.
9. Are you an Outside Applicant Non-Veteran (OANV)? - This preference applies if you have never had any professional affiliation with the Armed Services or Federal Government as well as a Federal Government Instrumentality (NAF).
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. If your experience exceeds the below options identify the next lower level appropriate to you. Your resume must reflect the indicated experience as well as be supported during the interview process. Any inflation to your responses may lead to an ineligible rating. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
1. For entry level requirements, must be 18 years of age at time of appointment; possess a high school diploma or GED certificate; Possess the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing in the English language; possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds, walk, bend, and stoop and stand on a routine basis. Answer "Yes" if you meet this criteria.
2. All required background checks of Army, AR
215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth
National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI) and a health assessment. Please answer if you agree to these conditions of employment.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
B- I have had education or training in performing the task, but have not yet performed it on the job.
C- I have performed this task on the job. My work on this task was monitored closely by a supervisor or senior employee to ensure compliance with proper procedures.
D- I have performed this task as a regular part of a job. I have performed it independently and normally without review by a supervisor or senior employee.
E- I am considered an expert in performing this task. I have supervised performance of this task or I am normally the person who is consulted by other workers to assist them in doing this task because of my expertise.
3. Participate in program evaluation using designated instruments (e.g. programmatic rating scales, risk assessment tools, self-inspection materials and national accreditation tools).
4. Complete program reports as required within assigned areas.
5. Provide input for daily lesson plans or daily schedule of activities.
6. Report urgent situations to emergency medical services and/or appropriate individuals.
7. Interact with children/ youth using learned training techniques.
8. Provide or disseminate information orally to individuals.
9. Ability to communicate in English effectively (written and verbal)
10. Observe a program participant for signs that may indicate illness, abuse or neglect.
11. Report illness, abuse, or neglect of a program participant to supervisor or appropriate staff.
12. Provide care/supervision, of program participants in compliance with established guidelines.
For each task in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.
13. Ability to be cordial and upbeat with coworkers
14. Ability to control emotions that emerge in difficult situations and respond
15. Skill in demonstrating courtesy and respect to others in the workplace
16. Ability to contribute to team efforts
17. Ability to work cooperatively with others to accomplish team goal
responses to the Eligibility Assessment and Occupational Questionnaire, along
with your resume and all supporting documentation are subject to evaluation and
verification to ensure accuracy. Please take this opportunity to review your
responses to ensure their accuracy. Failing to select a response will result in
your application packet being removed from consideration.
A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
B. No, I do not accept this agreement and/or I no longer wish to be considered for this position