The National Guard is the oldest component of the Armed Forces of the United States and one of the nation's longest-enduring institutions. Since the earliest American colonial days, citizens have joined together for collective defense. We have a proud tradition of coming to the aid of our friends and neighbors in times of serious emergencies. Join our National Guard team and serve your nation, your States and your community!
Nebraska National Guard
THIS POSITION CLOSES AT 11:59 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY TO JOIN THE MILITARY (NEBRASKA ARMY NATIONAL GUARD) PLEASE CONTACT THE LOCAL RECRUITING OFFICE AT 1-402-309-7151.
NOTE: MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN THE LEVEL OF SECURITY CLEARANCE/BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIRED.
This position is located in the Army National Guard (ARNG) United States Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO), Financial Services Branch. The primary purpose is to direct the work performance and supervise Financial Services Technicians performing duties to accomplish the full range of military, technician, and voucher Exam (commercial accounts and travel) payment actions with a full understanding of the technical financial transaction (accounting and budget) process to provide analysis, validation, processing and correction of financial transactions and issues/problems involving the full range of financial services.
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION OF POSITION: USPFO, Lincoln, NE
APPOINTMENT FACTORS: This is a Permanent Dual Status (Excepted Service) Officer or Enlisted position only.
FOR ARMY ONLY:
In order to comply with United States Department of Defense requirements and ensure the safety and security of the missions, programs, property and personnel of the Nebraska Military Department and Nebraska National Guard, employees must obtain the appropriate background investigation and maintain the level of security clearance assigned to their respective work.
Failure to obtain and maintain the designated type of security clearance/background check required for the respective work, may result in the job offer being rescinded, separation of employment, and/or other actions as may be deemed in the best interest of the agency.
Prior to appointment individuals must meet the security clearance requirements for the position or submit the required documents of the Nebraska National Guard, Personnel Security Manager for processing the appropriate investigation. Required forms, SF 86, PSIP Initiation Form, Birth Certificate (of other proof of citizenship), Fingerprints, OF 306 and Application/Resume.
Nebraska National Guard Personnel Security Manager - email@example.com; 402-309-8145.
Open Area of Consideration:
DEFINITION OF AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION: 1
Current permanent and indefinite Technicians of the Nebraska Army National Guard
Referral of Applicants: Qualified applicants will be referred to the selecting official in the following order:
1. Fully qualified applicants.
(1) Position provides technical and administrative supervision to subordinate personnel. Establishes priorities based on attainment of goals, objectives and work to be accomplished. Establishes policies and procedures based on objectives. Assigned work to achieve maximum economy, effectiveness, skill utilization, and employee motivation. Makes assignments based on priorities, difficulty, and requirements of the assignment. Interviews candidates for positions in the unit; recommends appointment, promotion, or reassignment of subordinate personnel. Monitors and evaluates employee performance. Assists employees in reaching performance goals. Informs subordinates of agency policies and programs. Hears and resolves complaints from employees, referring grievances and more serious unresolved complaints to a higher-level supervisor or manager. Effects minor disciplinary measures such as warnings or reprimands and recommends other action in more serious cases. Identifies developmental and training needs of subordinates and provides and/or arranges for needed developmental training. Approves and/or disapproves leave requests. Implements, promotes, and effectively supports equal opportunity for all personnel and follows provisions of labor agreements and applicable directives pertaining to personnel management.
(2) Develops goals and objectives that integrate organizational and Financial Services Branch objectives. Plans and develops work assignments, priorities and training required to effectively meet organization and customer needs. Establishes metrics and reviews performance indicators to assess the efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with regulatory procedures. Evaluates requirements for additional resources and balances organization needs with overall mission requirements and resources interests. Reviews the work and management techniques of subordinate supervisors. Directs self-assessment activities of subordinate supervisors/functions.
(3) Establishes, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with other Financial Services Branches, supported organizations, and higher headquarters. Meets with key customers and coordinating officials to assess customer satisfaction, explain organization policy and procedures, and to resolve significant and/or potential problems. Ensures subordinate functions provide customer guidance and training. Identifies the need for, and participates in special projects and initiates milestones and goals. Evaluates, analyzes and responds to reports. Determines appropriate recommendations for unresolved or questionable problems and performs follow-up. Researches and determines or recommends appropriate actions or interpretation of issues impacting supporting organizations.
(4) Plans and directs military pay, technician pay, and voucher exam (commercial accounts and travel) functions to provide all technical financial support required by the ARNG supported organizations. Ensures operating procedures and controls are in place.