Job Title:Student Trainee (Biology); GS-0499-07; PTI-ST
Department:Department Of The Interior
Job Announcement Number:ATL-2013-0373
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$45,923.00 to $59,704.00 / Per Year|
|Monday, May 13, 2013 to Monday, May 20, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Pathways Internship Appointment Not-to-Exceed 1-Year, - Part-Time, Not-to-Exceed 20 hour per week|
|1 vacancy -
Menlo Park, CA, USView Map|
WHO MAY APPLY:
All qualified U.S. citizens who meet the eligibility requirements for the Pathways Internship Program as described below.
Are you a current student looking for a temporary position in the Federal workforce? If you answered "yes" to this question, then this is the job for you!
Will Travel and Relocation Expenses be Paid? NO
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
This position is being filled under the Pathways Internship Program which is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with paid work opportunities in agencies to explore Federal careers while still in school.
This is a temporary internship to complete project work that’s temporary in nature. The appointment is not-to-exceed 1-year and can be extended without further competition based on the need of the organization for the work to continue and provided the individual continues to meet the eligibility requirements described below.
What are the Eligibility Requirements?
In order to be eligible for an appointment under the Pathways Internship Program:
- you must be a student accepted for enrollment or enrolled in a degree or certificate program on a full- or half-time basis as defined by the school (certificate program means post-secondary education, in a qualifying educational institution, equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum); and
- enrollment is with a qualifying educational institution such as a high school or state-approved home school; or accredited technical or vocational school; a 2- or 4-year college or university; a graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school); or a post-secondary home school curriculum.
- students currently enrolled must be in good academic standing maintaining a 2.0 grade point average on a cumulative basis.
You must continue to meet these eligibility requirements throughout the duration of your appointment under the Pathways Internship Program.
Why Is It Great To Work For The USGS?
Embark on an exciting future! From the peaks of the highest mountains to the depths of the deepest seas, the U.S. Geological Survey has career opportunities that make a difference in both the lives of others and in the environment. Would you like to join the more than 10,000 scientists, technicians, and support staff of the USGS who are working in more than 400 locations throughout the United States? Apply today! As the Nation's largest water, earth, and biological science and civilian mapping agency, the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) collects, monitors, analyzes, and provides scientific understanding about natural resource conditions, issues, and problems. The diversity of our scientific expertise enables us to carry out large-scale, multi-disciplinary investigations and provide impartial, timely, and relevant scientific information to resource managers, planners, and other customers related to: the health of our ecosystems and environment; natural hazards that threaten us; natural resources we rely on, and; the impact of climate and land-use changes. For more information about the USGS please visit http://www.usgs.gov.
- Applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Suitable for Federal employment, as determined by background investigation.
- The entire period served under the Intern Program counts as a trial period.
- Overnight travel of 4-5 nights per month may be required.
- A valid state's drivers licence and safe driving record are required.
- More requirements are listed under Qualifications and Other Information.